Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Running RN2.20.01. Forums are not enforcing "maximum avatar size" limits. I don't know if this is a RN issue or something wrong with my install. I will investigate with a stock install on my test server and get back.

In the mean time, anyone else having this issue?

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote

I believe you are correct in your findings. My avatar maximum size limit is not working either. I also have discovered that the link to offsite Avatar option is not working either. When I enter a url for the image and click save avatar, it takes me to the gallery page to select one..... Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Are you doing this through the forums profile or Your_Account? It would not surprise me if the Your_Account way is busted.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote

As far as I know, phpBB2 does not enforce the max size limit for offsite. It only does it for uploaded avatars.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quote

Gremmie, I was using the maximum size limit in the forums admin section, and using the YA section to try and link to an offsite avatar.

evaders99, I even uploaded the avatar to the gallery and made sure it was over the 80 x80 pixel maximum and it still allowed it to show...... Confused

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote

When you say added it to the gallery, do you mean you actually added it to an existing gallery and then picked your avatar from the gallery? Or do you mean you just tried to upload one from your hard drive as your own avatar? I don't think limits are checked for case 1, but they should be for case 2.

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I tried to upload the avatar by the link to offsite url. When that did not work, I uploaded the avatar to the gallery where all the other avatars are located. I made the size of it larger than the limits to see if it would still show. You maybe right that the ones in the Gallery itself does not get covered by the size limitations.

Before the upgrades from one RN to another, it work ok to link to an offsite avatar. Somewhere in the last one or two upgrades I have lost that capability. I hadn't uploaded an avatar since then, and no one has complained that they couldn't get it to work either. I will have to check on some of the other sites to see if they also have lost it or if it is just on the one site.

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote

The only place that phpBB2 enforces the size limit is "Upload Avatar from your machine" in the user's profile. It is assumed that the Gallery is controlled by the administrator. And there is nothing to check off-site avatars (there would need to be code to download and test each one)

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks evaders99 for the explaination....Smile Has anyone else had issues with the link not working to an offsite avatar? I have tried another site I have and it has the same problem with the link to offsite avatar choice.....Sad

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
The only place that phpBB2 enforces the size limit is "Upload Avatar from your machine" in the user's profile. It is assumed that the Gallery is controlled by the administrator. And there is nothing to check off-site avatars (there would need to be code to download and test each one)

The fellow who used a very large avatar linked to an offsite image.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:03 am Reply with quote

Probably would need to turn that feature off if abuse of the size is continued. Or remove the person doing it.....Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic