Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
colbalistic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm a first time user on this board, but have spent several hours attempting to find information on installing nukeWYSIWYG 2.3.2 onto PHPNuke 8.0 in place of the tinyMCE.

So far I've updated the mainfile, config, and modified the textarea code in the submitNews module per the installation instructions with no luck in getting it to work.

I still only see the tinyMCE toolbar when creating a new story. Do I need some sort of include at the top of the php file to make this work?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quote

I don't believe phpNuke 8.0 is supported for nukeWYSIWYG, but it should be possible to get it to work. You may want to read the following post at nukeSEO: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Have you considered migrating to RavenNuke, it comes preinstalled. Wink

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:07 am Reply with quote

TinyMCE was installed in 7.7 and higher to automatically replace textareas with TinyMCE. You will need to remove TinyMCE before you can use nukeWYSIWYG with 8.0.

Given the security flaws related to the TinyMCE implementation in 8.0 (not TinyMCE itself, but how it was implemented), you might wish to consider using RavenNuke instead as it has nukeWYSIWYG already installed, in addition to many other security and functional improvements over 8.0.

colbalistic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the help,

I didn't see specifics in the post that you all mentioned, but would it be as simple as removing the tinyMCE folder from the server?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote

It wouldn't hurt, but the code is still expecting it to be there, and trying to load it. As I mentioned, part of the problem is that the way it was implemented didn't consider security very carefully (in fact, in the initial releases, the simple security that was in place for many years was simply removed!). That was the final straw for many Nukers and gave many reason to switch to a secured, enhanced distribution like RN.

But again, that doesn't answer your question regarding specifics. The reason you likely won't find an answer is that no one has really attempted it, at least not that I know of. If you're going to do that much work, you might as well switch to RN and, if your site has significant content / users, using a "downgrade / upgrade" script along with the RN upgrade to make sure the database is right.

As I understand it, the developer of Nuke sold it to some unknown party, and although another release has been announced, there are no specifics (I know you like specifics Smile ). On the other hand, you'll find that we have another release of RN planned for August (and it includes an updated nukeWYSIWYG that isn't even available as a standalone, among many other improvements).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic