Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
zapiy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have installed the latestes version of ravennuke and i am trying to input content.

What i want to do is have a link in the navigation block either the pre installed block or a new block (i would prefer a new block if pos) Anyway when you click the link i would like a page to load in the centre of my site. Within this page i will have other links to other pages that will load in the centre as well.

Is this possible?

Thanks

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Where blocks load is determined by a few things. First, if you have messages they will load on your home page in the center of your site. Next, if you designate a module as "put in home" that will load beneath your messages and at the top if you don't have any messages active.

You could make the content block be "home" and not have any messages and I think you''d get part of what you want. Blocks generally display a variable named $content
so you might be able to create a new block with some content plus a bunch of links and flip flop among them by loading different stuff into $content. So, if you had a, b, c and d and they each could be a link or content from that link, if you were displaying a , you would have the content for a but also have the links to b,c, and d but if you were displaying c, you'd have the content for c and the links to a, b and d.

zapiy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote

So can i have the news displayed when someone first visits the site?

Then is they want to see what list of guides we have can they click the guides like that will open in place of the news.

Then they might want to look at a certain guide. will this open in the same place?

Cheers for your help fella

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote

You need to pick one module to be "in home". Look on the modules area of the Admin Control Panel. From what you said before it sounds more like you would want the content module to be in home. Or you could use your opening message to put the links you want. The problem with news is that the articles "scroll down" as newer ones are added.

You get two "messages" that can be active and which will be displayed on the top of the home page. You could also conceivably use the second one while reserving the first one for important messages you need to get out to your users.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic