Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
namaste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me whether Coppermine Image Gallery can be installed in this version of RN? OR, perhaps you might be able to direct me to where I can get this information. If not Coppermine, then any suggestions?
Finally, my apologies if I've posted this query in the wrong forum. I've been up and down the screen of the many forums and after 10 minutes, gave up searching for something more specific.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote

You should be able to install the Nuke version of CPG. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it should work.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote

If you don't need all the commenting facility etc I have a simple gallery script which pulls images from Google Picassa

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote

I've used that, but it seems Google wants to discourage it and keeps changing things.

namaste

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote

Quote:
..install the Nuke version of CPG..

I did a Google on 'Nuke version of CPG' and the results all point me to CPG-Nuke, which I understand to be Dragonfly NOT RN. ???

albeit, thanks for the response.

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote

you could use nukedgallery

it is basicly menalto gallery , much more advanced as coppermine gallery.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote

Try searching 'coppermine phpnuke download' - you want the latest CMS version, I believe it's 1.3.1c

There are downloads available from:
- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (though this site is unavailable to new member due to theft)
- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (requires membership and points)
- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (requires membership)
- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

namaste

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I've followed the nukegallery and Coppermine phpnuke route noted in the replies to my initial post, but this is NOT working for me. I've attempted to install Gallery 2 into the site I have running RN 2.20.00. I went about this using the Fantastico De Luxe provided as part of my host cPanel. While the installation was straightforward it appears that the result was a 'Stand alone' installation, whereas I was hoping to find it integrated with my Admin menu in RN. When I'm given the option to install in my root directory OR in a directory what should I choose, or is the integration I wish to achieve at all possible? I've attempted installing Coppermine but the result is a Stand Alone as well. However Coppermine is operating perfectly on a PHP Nuke 7.8 site I inherited from a techie person who set up the site. Any help you can provide this 'empty vessel' is greatly appreciated. BTW, I have no knowledge of scripts or compiling thereof.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure what led to the expectation that using Fantastico was a good idea, but that's definitely not going to to install any integrated scripts.

You could download Coppermine for PHP-Nuke using one of the links provided, and follow the instructions for installing included in the download. Those downloads ARE intended to work with PHP-Nuke.

There is no compiling involved, though you might need to edit one or more of the downloaded files using a true text editor like pspad, crimson editor or Notepad Plus. Also, I'm not sure if the installation requires creating the tables using phpMyAdmin, but that's available from your web host's control panel like Fantastico.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic