Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quote

elkingkong, Although this is good deduction, you are making some assumptions. First of all, although the Feedback module does go against the database to grab your admin email address, I have echo'd out the data in all the parameters for mail() and they look perfectly fine to me. I.e., the data is being retrieved and processes properly.

Second, it is not uncommon for that to be discrepancies between running under a subdirectory or subdomain, vs. the root domain. Problem is, the issues are usually in the sub's and not the root. Sad

When you tried the SMTP set up I have a feeling, since nothing worked, that you did not have it set up correctly. You would have to get the "client setup" instructions from your host... assuming that they even provide this option of course. I can honestly say that I feel that it might be your only option. I would also get your host involved and give them all of the facts as you have laid them out for them to see if there could still be something amiss on their end.

I've been doing this a long time and I can honestly say that I have never seen this behave this way AND why is it that no-one else in the community of 1000's of downloads and installations have not reported this? That too still tells me its something within your environment.

elkingkong
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
elkingkong, Although this is good deduction, you are making some assumptions. First of all, although the Feedback module does go against the database to grab your admin email address, I have echo'd out the data in all the parameters for mail() and they look perfectly fine to me. I.e., the data is being retrieved and processes properly.

Second, it is not uncommon for that to be discrepancies between running under a subdirectory or subdomain, vs. the root domain. Problem is, the issues are usually in the sub's and not the root. Sad

When you tried the SMTP set up I have a feeling, since nothing worked, that you did not have it set up correctly. You would have to get the "client setup" instructions from your host... assuming that they even provide this option of course. I can honestly say that I feel that it might be your only option. I would also get your host involved and give them all of the facts as you have laid them out for them to see if there could still be something amiss on their end.

I've been doing this a long time and I can honestly say that I have never seen this behave this way AND why is it that no-one else in the community of 1000's of downloads and installations have not reported this? That too still tells me its something within your environment.

Awesome, another piece to the puzzle has fallen into place. I called my host and found out that my smtp server was different than the smtp server listed in there “How To” section, (nice huh?). I configure the CORRECT SMTP SETTINGS on my main site and now TADA I can send emails through my Feedback module. Sweet Laughing .

So my original problem was that “my Feedback modules was not working” luckily we have solved this issue but now we are faced with another one: which is, How or Why or Should we, find out what is stopping emails from being sent out of my main site but allowing them to be sent from my test site using the Mail() function?

I’m going to hit the aspirin now and go to sleep. I will check this post tomorrow and see if you dare respond Wink

elkingkong

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote

P.S.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Thanks

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:23 am Reply with quote

elkingkong, it will have to remain a mystery. I have no more clues. I am just glad that I created the TegoNuke Mailer and incorporated it into RN so that you have a viable workaround.

inertia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote

On [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , I also wrote his.

hi from me too!
I would like to ask for something quite different...
How can I add headers into the email I send? is there any extra parameters?

What I want to do is:
1)get sender email, sender name (optional), and tell the message via mailheaders to send it as a HTML email
2)also the email must be in a different charset that iso-8859-1, e.g. UTF-8 or iso-8869-2, etc...

Is there any possible way to achieve this goal?

Thanx in advance, wait for any response![/quote]

<-- i double-post it here, sorry if I cause any problem with rules etc..

thanx again!

montego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quote

I answered you post a few minutes ago over on my site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic