Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:33 am Reply with quote

hello, im looking at redoing my clans website and someone recommeneded raven as the tool of choice.

My only problem is i have a phpbb3 forum with alot of posts but i dont think i will be able to integrate that forum with raven? Is that correct? Has anyone successfuly done this?

I should have used nuke from the start i guess, but i made a mistake in not doing so which now causes me a very big head ache Exclamation Sad

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quote

Please search. There has been a lot of discussion about this in these forums. I don't believe that there is any immediate solution available but people are looking into it.

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:42 am Reply with quote

you could try this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and use it with raven nuke if you still want to have phpbb3 instead of having phpbb2 which is in nuke

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
you could try this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and use it with raven nuke if you still want to have phpbb3 instead of having phpbb2 which is in nuke

Thats excellent, thank you bp Smile

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote

i have it installed with ravennuke you can see it here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
give me a few and i'll give you instructions since you already have phpbb3 with users and forums you will have to do it a lil different

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote

i would try this on your computer first use xampp or something

install Raven Nuke
go into phpMyAdmin and do this
Code:
DROP TABLE `nuke_bbauth_access`, `nuke_bbbanlist`, `nuke_bbcategories`, `nuke_bbconfig`, `nuke_bbconfirm`, `nuke_bbdisallow`, `nuke_bbforums`, `nuke_bbforum_prune`, `nuke_bbgroups`, `nuke_bbposts`, `nuke_bbposts_text`, `nuke_bbprivmsgs`, `nuke_bbprivmsgs_text`, `nuke_bbranks`, `nuke_bbsearch_results`, `nuke_bbsearch_wordlist`, `nuke_bbsearch_wordmatch`, `nuke_bbsessions`, `nuke_bbsessions_keys`, `nuke_bbsmilies`, `nuke_bbthemes`, `nuke_bbthemes_name`, `nuke_bbtopics`, `nuke_bbtopics_watch`, `nuke_bbuser_group`, `nuke_bbvote_desc`, `nuke_bbvote_results`, `nuke_bbvote_voters`, `nuke_bbwords`;

since phpbb2 will not be used no need for the tables
next delete everthing inside these folders *only*
modules/Forums
modules/Private_Messages
modules/Members_List
^only delete those 3 folders if your not gonna do the below option

now if you still want them in the site navigation(modules list) then do this

inside modules/Forums create a index.php file and put this in it
Code:
<?php 

if (!defined('MODULE_FILE'))
{
   die('You can\'t access this file directly...');
}
header('Location: forums/');
die();
?>

inside modules/Members_List create a index.php file and put this in it
Code:
<?php 

{
}
header('Location: forums/memberlist.php');
die();
?>

inside modules/Private_Messages create a index.php file and put this in it
Code:
<?php 

{
}
header('Location: forums/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox');
die();
?>

now we start the phpbb3 install
copy your phpbb3 forums folder from the one your using and rename it to forums if it isnt already then upload it to where you have raven nuke installed *dont put it in the modules folder*
next export your phpbb3 database and import it into the raven nuke database
after that do what the instructions say for the phpbb3 bridge if you have mods on your forums then use the manual installation

if you have any problems post back here

Last edited by bprsk8r4272 on Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total 
gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote

Shocked Erm, ok i'll give that a go Smile

Thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed post, this is gonna be very helpful. I dont have apache installed on my local pc so will have to do these changes on my site. I'll create test version of my current phpbb3 forum to run this against to see how it goes.

Again, thank you Smile

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote

yup no problem

gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Hey brprsk, a couple of questions if i may?

I take it you run a gaming clan?

If so, what modules are you installing to run against raven?

I had a look at the link to your test site. The skin on that i take it is the default raven skin? If i do the same, do i then just install my nuke theme over the top?

I am looking at using this theme: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Please excuse my ignorance, i am quite overwhelmed by all the different versions of nuke and addons/modules etc Sad

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

yes thats the default theme for raven nuke

i do run a clan but really haven't had the time to get it set back up again that site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i actually dont use raven nuke(i just have that test to test the phpbb3) i use phpnuke 7.6 so you should try the modules on the test site to make sure they work fine

now as for the theme you just put it in the themes folder and log in as admin and in the admin menu go to preferences and change the theme
*note* that the theme will not work for the forums seeing as it was made for nuke which has phpbb2 and the template system is different so you would have to modify that to work with phpbb3 or have someone do it

gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply again Smile

I had to create a skin for my phpbb3 forum to match the webspell front end i have, so im ok with creating a new forum skin to match what ever theme i purchase.

Im still unsure as to what nuke to go for. I did download phpNuke 8 and have also downloaded raven too.

I guess the oscnuke.com bridge thingy will work with phpnuke too? But the instructions you wrote, i presume are specific to raven....

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote

the instructions would be pretty much the same but i would use Raven Nuke cause its more secure
i deffinatly wouldn't use phpnuke 8 if i were to use anything else it would be phpnuke 7.6 patched 3.5

the phpbb3 bridge is for any phpnuke

gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote

OK, thanks.

Step 1 complete - i have created a phpbb3 forum on my test site and restored a full backup so its now as good as my live server.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Next to upload raven.....watch this space lol

gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Just about to install raven. Should i create a new database for it, or install into the database i created for my test phpbb3 forum?

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote

you have to use the same database

gleedo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote

I dropped the tables by running that script.
I deleted the folders:
modules/Forums
modules/Private_Messages
modules/Members_List

I did not create the 3 index.php files.

My test forum was already up and running in a folder called forums off the root folder.

I uploaded the bridge folders/files auto install. I think ive done all correctly, but nothing appears to have happened on the test site...... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote

The bridge only allows you to share your users. If you are logged into your RN site, when you go to phpBB3 you should be logged in as well. There is a block which allows you to display the latest forum posts in the RN part of your site.

gleedo

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote

Bugger.

If i create a new user account in ravennuke and then goto my phpbb3 forum, i am logged in as that new user which is good.

But i cant login at ravennuke as an existing user of the forum.

I also tried to request new password for a user i know exists (me) and it cant find the user.....

Perhaps i should start from the beginning again. Thanks for your continued help Smile

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote

the test site is working you just cant click the forums button up top cause you didnt create that index file

you could probably manually copy the usernames and passwords in phpMyAdmin and transfer them to nuke_users cause you need the users in phpbb_users and nuke_users you would just have to make sure the user_id stays the same

jakec

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:48 am Reply with quote

I believe this is because the user information from your original phpBB3 installation is stored in the phpBB3 tables, but the bridge uses the user tables from RN.

Therefore you will need to move the users from the phpBB3 tables to the RN tables.

I think am I right, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

gleedo

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:52 am Reply with quote

Copying usernames/passwords from phpbb3 into nuke_users probably wont work properly because the user id field in nuke_users table will also be incremental value. Thats fine unless my source table has missing records from where i deleted users. From that point on, im guessing the id's would be out of sync....

gleedo

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:54 am Reply with quote

I may just do what i did when i installed webspell as my backend. Webspell came with its own user registration system and forum, i just removed the forum and asked any users who wanted to use the main website to create a separate account and then just created a skin for my forum to match the site......not ideal, but..

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

you can change the user_id and you want the users in both nuke_users and phpbb_users not just one of them

thoth
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote

An update guys, I did as instructed in the bridge install info, my difference is I have a populated PHPBB3 but the users are the same in both databases detail for detail. I wrote a small script to move them between tables. The problem I now have is that the login for the forums uses Nuke, and the nuke login won't accept the correct login, even after a reminder, it just refuses to login.

I checked his support forum
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

5 weeks ? I can't wait that long, not being able to login is crazy, I am using Ravens Nuke, so is the account module "modified" as suggested in this thread?

Can't believe it wasn't mentioned in the install that login might not work. Neutral

I haven't deleted the forum tables in nuke though.

Raven had it working here at one point, so it must be possible.

thoth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote

I think I had the problem sussed, can't have the same user and admin name seems to be the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic