Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote

The BB2Nuke upgrade to .23 from .22 does not display correctly in ONLY the fisubice theme. Every other theme is ok.

Seems like the styles are not loading correctly maybe as all of the table border and cell separator lines are missing as well as the shaded areas. All that's there are text and images, that's it.

Cheers, Jay

Edit: Oops, maybe we should move this to the BB2NUKE forum? sorry, posted here because of the RN version I'm running.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote

RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.01 already includes v.23. We have not heard this from any other user. You can test it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] What browser are you using? Since you are manually trying to upgrade I would suggest that you restore to v.22 and then either

* compare every update file in v.23 with the RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.01 equivalent.
or
* take the easy way and perform the upgrade to RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.01 and the forums will be updated correctly.

We have done many efficiency/code changes in fisubice and the forums and templates, so you need to do the file compares before adopting the upgrades.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote

Yes, just saw the upgrade announcement this morning. Will give that a try on one of my un-updated 2.20.00 sites and post back with results.

Thanks, Jay

Affects all browsers, IE, Netscape 7, 8 and 9 and Firefox 2.0.0.14 (latest). But only affects "fisubice" none of the others.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote

Quote:
compare every update file in v.23 with the RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.01 equivalent

I'll be happy to try 2.20.01 as soon as I can find it ... Smile

Jay

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote

There are 4 different d/l extensions in the Latest d/l block and it's in the Download module ROTFL

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

All I had to do was to scroll down past the Changelog ... sheesh !!!!

At any rate, the v23 works ok with fisubice. So .. How do I fix this in the one and only site that I upgraded that doesn't work with v.23 ? Overwrite /forums/ ?

Edit: Nevermind, that worked - overwrite /modules/forums/ with that of 2.20.01

BTW: I got a MySQL error when loadng the core tables using the installsql.php file, something on the order of a "key" too long and when I treid to manually load the core in MySQL Admin I got the same basic error message. However, all tables seem to be loaded 100% anyway with no errors. Go figure ...

Edit: The error:
Code:
 The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is:

MySQL Error # 4 = Specified key was too long. Max key length is 500

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote

What version of MySQL are you using?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote

The key error is related to the database being in UTF8 encoding. Switch it over to Latin1 . There are a number of posts in the forums on this issue that you can consult for more details.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote

I'll give the latin1 a whirl and see what happens.

Running MySQL 4.0.27 .. I'm at the mercy of my provider, can't upgrade on my own.

Now, another issue has surfaced. Upgraded to .23 and the Quick Reply box disappeared. What next, 'eh? Smile

Edit: Latin1 is not a choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic