Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
moon_spell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote

hello dear raven i am using your powerfull nuke ,,, but the forums are not modded , i am also not a profi nuker to make mods b self ,, so is it possibel that you make some premoded bbtonuke to download and upload it to existing raven nuke installed ?

some mods like . thanks , users profile , age , location , gender , activities and mods like these ...

it will be very usefull because i am not going to use the other nukes only for a nice moded forum ,

how to use the premoded bbtonuke from the other nukes on raven nuke ?

thanks and best regards from germany

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for your notes of encouragement! We are planning to add more mods with the next release v2.30.00 expected to be released in August. This is not an easy thing to do as everyone's wants/needs differ. But we will be offering some choices with the next release.

[Edited May 1, 2008] Correction to expected release date.

Last edited by Raven on Thu May 01, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total 
catweazle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote

One wish for the BBtoNuke forum (I know lots of users that supports me on this one) is to make it capable of handling (the fact is that many countries have) summer-/vintertime. It's rather confusing that RavenNuke (as well as other Nukes) supports this, whilst the forums doesn't...
Would of be great to get the right time for all postings (forums ans PM's) Smile

Maybe a variable that could be triggered via a eg. checkboks in the forum Profile?

Susann

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote

You can use a code snippet so that your forums will automatically change the time from winter- to summertime. Isn´t that great ?
Maybe I can find it again.Saw it long time ago at phpBB.de but beneed this I don´t see a problem within my forum and the time.

catweazle

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks alot, Susann, for pointing me in the right direction...

I found several MOD's and code snippets at the German phpBB site.
I will test some of them (one at a time), and see what happens to the forum posts and PM's timestamps.
Hopefully I will find a MOD or code that don't also affects members in timezones that don't use summer-/vintertime... Wink

Thanks again for your help!

fresh
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote

also hide certain message till some one post will be tight too. I was lookin for that but didnt find anything that work with nuke...

kenwood
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote

A mod thats automatic sets a forum post to persona_non_grata if U delete a user from your database.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote

kenwood whenever you delete a user within that forum post it sets automatically the name to anonymous.So I guess you only need to rename the name to persona_non_grata.
Bu I´m looking for a mod wich sets automatically the rank name of a user to locked. Not sure something exist already.
Beneed this every upgrade with a modded forum is a pain and thats the reason why I limited all mods and use only a few wich I really need to manage my community and for seo.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote

kenwood, BTW, "persona_non_grata" has special meaning here on these forums and is "custom". Just didn't want you to think this was some phpBB feature. That is all I'll say about this subject so don't ask. Smile

kenwood

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
kenwood, BTW, "persona_non_grata" has special meaning here on these forums and is "custom". Just didn't want you to think this was some phpBB feature. That is all I'll say about this subject so don't ask. Smile

I now the person Razz i'am olso from holland

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote

i have downloaded a mod that you can manually change the DST(summer time/winter time) but i haven't tested it yet. i plan on testing it this weekend

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Here are the code changes in includes/functions.php:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote

And here is an English translation, via Babel, for those that can't understand German

Quote:
Automatic conversion to summer time/winter time

phpBB contains according to standard no code for automatic changing over between summer/winter time. Here is described, as one re-tools this functionality.

Note: The eingedeutschte version of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] contains the improved code already.

Open includes/functions.php, look for (approx. line 329)
Code:

return (!empty($translate))? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * #)), #): @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * #));

... replace through:
Code:

return (!empty($translate))? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * (# ", #)))), #): @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * (# ", #))));

Explanation:
The function date("I") supplies 0 as result 1 with summer time, otherwise. Thus the time which can be indicated is affected directly.
Thus the indicated time tunes must in the board configuration and in the profile the correct time belt be adjusted (for Deutschland:"GMT + 1 hour"). The clock on the server must naturally also be correct.
There only the summer time an adjustment required changes the announcement after the change also only in the summer.

Around the time belt in the profile for all users to change one uses this SQL Query:
Quote:

UPDATE `phpbb_ users` SET ` user_timezone` = ' 1 ' WHERE ` user_id` > 0;

That table prefix must be adapted possibly still to that of the own tables.

catweazle

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote

I want to leave the value of the user_timezone field "as is" for all users (since this is set individually by each user).

What I prefer is to make changes to the posting timestamps only.
I found this code at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which does exactly what I want:

Code:
##############################################################

## MOD Title: Daytime changer summertime / wintertime
## MOD Version: 1.0.0
## MOD Author: WebmasterX,
## [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ],
## Sander Hoekman,
## http://www.zutfun.nl
## MOD Description: This modification automaticly changes the
## winter time and summertime as known in Europe, The Netherlands
##
## Installation Level: easy
## Installation Time: 1 Minutes
## Files To Edit: includes/functions.php
## Included Files: n/a
##############################################################

#
#-----[ OPEN includes/functions.php ]------------------------------------------
#

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

//
// Create date/time from format and timezone
//
function create_date($format, $gmepoch, $tz)

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

//
// daytime changer summertime / wintertime
//

function daytime()
{

$y = date("Y")-2000;

if(date("n") >= 3)
{
$season = 1;
$season_period = 5;
}
else if (date("n") >= 10 || date("n") < 3 )
{
$season = 0;
$season_period = 2;
}

$day = 31 - ((((floor(5*$y/4)-floor($y/100)+floor($y/400))+$season_period)%7)+7)%7;

switch ($season)
{
case 1:

if( mktime(date("H"),date("i"),date("s"),date("m"),date("d"),date("Y")) > mktime(3,0,0,3,$day,date("Y")) )
{
$result = 3600;
}

break;

case 0:

if( mktime(date("H"),date("i"),date("s"),date("m"),date("d"),date("Y")) > mktime (3,0,0,10,$day,date("Y")) )
{
$result = 0;
}
break;
}

return $result;
}

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz)), $translate) : @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz));

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#

return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz) + daytime()), $translate) : @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz) + daytime());

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

Hope this can be usefull to others as well...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic