Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote

I have been trying to install the attachment mod, but when I run the install.php I get the following errors.

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/modules/Forums/nukebb.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/*****/public_html) in /home/*****/public_html/brzjcphp/modules/Forums/install.php on line 16

Warning: main(/modules/Forums/nukebb.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/*****/public_html/brzjcphp/modules/Forums/install.php on line 16

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/modules/Forums/nukebb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/*****/public_html/brzjcphp/modules/Forums/install.php on line 16

above URL edited to *****

If I click on the Forums button in Admin I get the following error.

Could not query attachment information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table '*****.nuke_bbattachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM nuke_bbattachments_config

Line : 91
File : attachment_mod.php

This makes sense if I haven't yet been able to run the install.php script.

Can't find anything in the Forums and guess its to do with the install script looking for files in the wrong place. The website is in a sub-directory of the main site, just to make thing more interesting.

John

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote

Have you checked to make sure the nukebb.php file is located in modules/forums/ ?

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Have you checked to make sure the nukebb.php file is located in modules/forums/ ?

Yep first thing I checked. I have also tried changing the pointers in the install script as follows.

require_once("/brzjcphp/modules/Forums/nukebb.php");
$phpbb_root_path = '/brzjcphp/modules/Forums/';

Still no luck.

John

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote

I think this may be a host issue, hopefully Evaders, or one of the other mods can help when they are on.

You could of course manually install the tables.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
I think this may be a host issue, hopefully Evaders, or one of the other mods can help when they are on.

You could of course manually install the tables.

I assume I would need to install the SQL from the attach_mysql_schema.sql first then from the attach_mysql_basic.sql file after as the database on my site is MySQL.

John

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote

you can try my installer if you want [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] just extract the folder and upload it to your website and run [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in your browser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
you can try my installer if you want [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] just extract the folder and upload it to your website and run [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in your browser

Thanks for the offer, did download it and between your files and the original RN files have managed to sort of get it working.

The TEST button in the Forums config panel still doesn't work, gives an error on the upload directory.

Also because I couldn't use the installer I had to go into MySQL Admin and run the SQL files to get all tables created / updated. I also found that I had to rename the files to change from phpBB_*** to nuke_bb****

Now trying to work out how to allow upload of Acrobat PDF files without allowing any other DOC type files.

John

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote

yeah the test settings doesnt work
the installer renames phpbb to nuke_bb so thats why you had to change that cause you did it manually

to allow or disallow a file extension go to extension group control

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
yeah the test settings doesn't work
the installer renames phpbb to nuke_bb so that's why you had to change that cause you did it manually

to allow or disallow a file extension go to extension group control

Ok still got problems, I have managed to set up a separate Acrobat extension permission in admin and remove it from the document group, also increase size allowed size for Moderators.

When I go to a post and try to edit it and add an attachment i get the following error when I submit the page.

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

Resubmitting just puts me round in a circle.

John

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quote

have you setup your cookies correctly on the forums?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Please search the forums for invalid session. It is almost always a sign that the cookie settings aren't quite correct in the forums admin config.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
have you setup your cookies correctly on the forums?

This was an upgrade from RN2.10.01 to RN2.20.01 and as far as I can see the cookie settings haven't changed.

I can preview the post with and without an attachment but can't post it.

***UPDATE***

Ok have just changed both cookie name and Domain name, to make sure they are different between both sites.

Still getting same error.

Could this still be a problem with the attachment mod.

Will try again tomorrow need sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

John

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote

Ok have changed the cookie settings as per PHP-Nuke/PHPbb Cookie Settings - The DEFINITIVE ANSWER and other posts regarding Invalid Session errors.

No luck so finally checked my site backup of the database and reset the settings to those that worked Ok before the upgrade.

on the way round the "circle" I did discover that if I use IE7 to log into the website as a normal user it just displays the user information screen for me and shows me as Offline, tried this a few times after clearing cookies and the session tables.

Now can't log into to website in IE7 at all.

At least Firefox logs me in properly. (Also found I can't send private messages either - same invalid session error)

Have also compared the website files against the attachment mod "modded" files from the package and they seem ok.

John

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote

j4rdin, I did the port of the Attachment Mod. If you are still having problems, send me the access to your site and I will try and debug it.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
j4rdin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
j4rdin, I did the port of the Attachment Mod. If you are still having problems, send me the access to your site and I will try and debug it.

Well seem to have sorted the problem. Have now managed to upload an attachment and can once again post and get into admin in both Firefox and IE7.

But had to change the Cookie Domain to blank, not the best solution. Have downloaded the auto_cookies.mod file and will have another play at the weekend to see if I can find a better solution.

Problem is definitely due to the site being in a sub-directory of the main site and using a different URL.

I have also found out that IE7 by default is so security locked down as standard that it won't except cookies that Firefox seems to have no trouble with at all. Finally set it up to ask for permission to accept cookies and put the site in as safe. Only use IE for testing at home normally use Firefox or IE6 at work.

Site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

John

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote

That site only seems to be a frame for [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
.brzjc.zenjudo.co.uk is what you need to use in order for your cookies to work properly

j4rdin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
That site only seems to be a frame for [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
.brzjc.zenjudo.co.uk is what you need to use in order for your cookies to work properly

Have changed cookie setting as suggested and so far so good.

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic