Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
virtualwar
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Hello All!!

So this morning I ftp'd all the new files from the newest version of RN (upgrading my site from 2.2 to 2.20.1). Also, (this is important), I reuploaded the supplied Attachment Mod AND uploaded the pre-Modded files. When going into the Forums Admin screen, it is saying my forums are out of date.

I didn't check to see if the forum version number was up to date before I re-uploaded the Attachment Mod files =/

Were the Forum Attachment Mod files not updated w/ the newest RN files?

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this =)

~VirtualWar

Last edited by virtualwar on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
virtualwar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote

I'll investigate this using WinMerge. I'll post my results when I'm done =)

virtualwar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote

*Sigh* Never mind... I forgot to run the upgrade script. It is working fine now. At least now I am almost a pro at WinMerge >.>

Moderators: Feel free to delete this thread =P

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Indeed you need to run the upgrade script this will automatically update your forums version.
Also important is that you don´t use the standard update files from phpBB. Therefore you ´ll notice the new link within the forums administration to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Its a pitty the German language files have there still a link to phpBB. Rolling Eyes

I added this just in time into the files but don´t know why its not included in this RavenNuke version.
So I think its a good idea to host my changed and translated languages files for RavenNuke on my own sites for download.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote

virtualwar, won't remove the post as it will be a good reminder to others too. Plus, we get to hold this against you for years to come... Wink killing me

Susann, not sure if "G" will see this, so do you mind giving him a shout on this? I am thinking that he didn't realize the files are in two places? At least that is how I am reading this without having the code in front of me... Thanks!

virtualwar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Plus, we get to hold this against you for years to come... Wink killing me

Groovy Hehe... I'm ok with that. A valuable lesson was learned... Wink Though I expect you to poke fun from time to time to remind me of my mistake!! Rolling Eyes

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
... you ´ll notice the new link within the forums administration to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Its a pitty the German language files have there still a link to phpBB. Rolling Eyes

I added this just in time into the files but don´t know why its not included in this RavenNuke version.
So I think its a good idea to host my changed and translated languages files for RavenNuke on my own sites for download.

Susann, I did not even know they had been modified Sad
I will take a look at the forum language files to make sure they are both giving the correct data - thanks for letting me know.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quote

I added the German admin files into Mantis just nobody noticed this.So its not your fault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic