Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a module available for a site wanting to specifically sell tickets for events.

I realise that a regular ecommerce solution such as OS2Nuke could be used and the tickets displayed in the usual way as an 'item to purchase' in an online store or even just 'stand alone' paypal buttons would work.

However, it would be very useful if, say your event has 100 tickets available, then when purchases are made, the number of tickets/places remaining were updated etc. This would mean potential buyers will know how many places/tickets were available before they make a purchase as well as the total still remaining being updated once the purchase has been made.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks in advance.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote

I've never heard of such a module, but I'm just wondering if one of the ecommerce modules have this functionality, in terms of specifying how much stock you have. I've never used any ecommerce modules, so I don't know, just a thought.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

Hi jakec,

Thanks for your reply to my posing here.

How silly of me to not realise what you have observed.

I agree this must be a function in one of the ecommerce packages. I have almost made my mind up to use OS2Nuke, so I wonder if this has a stock level facility?

Can anyone else add some useful information here on this matter?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

Check out several services that provide this (and more). For example, see [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Check out several services that provide this (and more). For example, see [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hi Kguske,

Thanks for that reply.

But I wonder what software or PHPNuke module etc that the websites such as [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] are using?

Any ideas?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote

It's totally custom (not PHPNuke). It's a service - you set up an event on that site, then simply link to it. It isn't integrated with PHP-Nuke at all, but may not need to be for many applications.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Hi again KGuske,

Thanks again for that information.

All in now much clearer to me.

But if anyone else does have some information of a module for PHPNuke it would be good to hear from them, (however I think Jakec may have hit the nail on the head with his thoughts).

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I looked into this heavily for one of the sites I support that has events - and couldn't find anything close. BrownPaperTickets.com was the best option.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi again KGuske,

Again thats for your response as always.

I will indeed investigate the BrownPaperTickets.com option much more when I have time.

However, something I have discovered myself is the software developed/used by [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I wonder if their system, which I believe is developed by (or with) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is better, the same or an alternative to the options highlighted in this posting previously.

I hope this information is useful and thanks once again for your suggestions and information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic