Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Documentation Issues/Suggestions
Darrell3831
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote

Within the RavenNuke_v2.10.01 download, where is the documentation for Group Administration 1.7.1 and the Users/Group Point system?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Perhaps someone else knows, but I've never found any. You just have to plunk thru it and figure it out. You might be able to find something on the users/group point system because that came from pure PHPnuke, in the Karakas HOWTO manual.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:49 am Reply with quote

No docs for NSN Groups 1.7.1. Not sure either on the points system.

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

That's a shame about not having docs on it. At first glance I have no idea what it's for, or what it does.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Groups lets you assign users to groups. Then in the administrative screens you can limit viewing of given blocks and modules to pre-assigned groups. Also, in the HTML newsletter there is the ability to send newsletters to given groups. The user interface for NSN groups is awkward at best ... when adding users you have to go thru screen after screen listing your users and click individually to add them. If you have a lot of users or even a moderate sized number (say over 100) that gets pretty tiresome. But it kind of works for limited purposes and it's better than not having the capability. NSN groups is kind of loosely tied into Forum groups: I believe that when you create a NSN group a forum group also gets created but after that the interface is a little fuzzy to me: I haven't tested whether deletions and changes keep the two in synch. Of course the interface for Forum groups similarly ... no I won't put it that way, the interface for Forum groups is similarly lacking.

I guess they are both what we all paid for.

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Okay,

I'll havfe to tinker with it.
thanks

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Well, I have been procrastinating this for quite some time as my plate is full but I have been really dissappointed over the years with the lack of updated documentation for PHP-Nuke, NukeSentinel, etc. A community supported Wiki is just what the Doctor ordered and I have long since wanted to put one out there, but I think the procrastination has to stop.

Stay tuned... I just think its time to "get off the pot" so to speak... LOL. I will start with a standalone implementation and then someday my dream is to integrate a good Wiki (already have the one picked out) right into nuke.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote

montego, I may have something to show you in regards to a wiki... in fact, the grail - MediaWiki Smile

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Yes, know it well, although I have not "exercised" it in quite awhile: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I had boiled it down to MediaWiki and PMWiki after quite a bit of looking and comparing. I am actually leaning towards PMWiki though as it might be easier to integrate. However, have not done the "deep dive" on that yet.

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Not just MediaWiki, but one that will integrate with phpNuke Smile
Its a hack, not full integration yet, but at least it shares the login. Most of the bugs have been worked out over the last few weeks

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Oh my... yes, you have peeked my interest greatly! LOL. May I have a look? If you wish to work on it a bit longer, I can hold off a week or two. Just let me know. But, since we're getting too deep into another topic (my fault), maybe we can continue this "off-line" (Oh I am beginning to really hate that overused phrase!). You know where to find me... Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Documentation Issues/Suggestions

View next topic
View previous topic