Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
fibercarbon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quote

Im pretty sure the counter on my website is wrong. its saying i have 3 million hits and i just made my site 3 days ago. How do i fix this.? Also how do i change the server time on the user info block? thanks

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote

Where abouts is it saying this? Stats module? Site Info block?

Also hits does necessarily mean the number of visitors. For instance if you have a number of images on the page it counts each image load as a hit. Although 3 million does sound a lot. :confused:

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote

it says it under site info

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote

and the link to your site would be?

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote

http://www.moveweight.com

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Is this a brand new site from scratch or did you import an existing database?

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quote

brand new site from scratch.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quote

Well, I just checked the SQL for the core table installation and these tables are dropped and recreated with NO rows in them. Did you, by chance, copy any data over from another db and maybe these tables were a part of that and you did not know it?

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote

i installed a theme and i think it might of changed something in the tables . how do i fix this?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Installing a theme wouldn't give you this sort of problem.
As you have said this is a new install, I would ftp all your files again, delete your tables and run the installer again.

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote

i dont wanna start from scratch i have quite a bit of content... the theme i installed had me run a file that asked for my mysql information because it said it had to modify somethings. and after i did that the theme didnt work... i think it screwed something up in my database..

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Can you give me a link to this theme? A theme shouldn't ask you to do this.

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote

i could if i still had it i deleted it... i remember it saying it had to install something in the sql or the theme wouldnt function properly.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote

I think you will need to compare the database structure you have now against a virgin structure to see which tables were modified.
Sorry I'm not more help but without the theme to work with, I woudn't have a clue which tables it asked you to modify or why.

fibercarbon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote

ok i have the theme.. it is called
Xybernex
the install structions are:
Installation Guide

Installation for this theme pack is very simple. All you are required to do is upload everything in the 'html' folder to your nuke root. Your nuke root is the directory where the config.php and mainfile.php files reside.

Once you have uploaded everything, run the theme_install.php file from your browser. If your website is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you point your browser to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Simple? You must be logged in as an admin first before running this installation file.

Note: This theme REQUIRES the theme administration script to be installed or the theme will not function correctly.

this is the theme: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote

Well, luckily that db installer does not touch core RN tables. I also can see nothing in the code that looks like it could boost your hits, but, I am not a SWF guy, so I am not 100% what all this theme is doing.

I did happen to notice, however, that the theme is calling out the banners.php script which is not a part of RN 2.10.x any longer. We switch RN over to the more advanced version of this module (the PHP-Nuke 7.9 or 8.0 version - cannot recall which). You might want to ask the theme author for a version that will work with this higher level advertising module.

You may want to clear out the stats tables (I believe that was mentioned above) and then see if they grow exponentially again. If so, then if you have made no other changes to RN other than this theme, somehow this theme IS the cause of the issue.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic