Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Currently my UserInfo Waiting (members) is up to 118, I know this not to be the case ... it's steadily going up by the day and it's not clearing or resetting ... it use to and I've not done anything different to the site to make that not happen now. I'm using RN76 2.02.02 ... I'd rather not upgrade if I don't really have to : o.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks ...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote

If you have PHPmyadmin access you might want to have a look at your users_temp table. The number of users waiting is derived from looking up the usernames in that table. It should be emptied when the user responds to the registration link and completes registration. See if the users in user_temp are also in your regular users table. Or, you could possibly have bots trying to register and never completing the process. The user_info block simply reports what it finds there but doesn't do any diagnostics on it. That's what they have admins for.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're bots attempting but not completing registration. The thing is that UserInfo use to clear after a time but isn't doing that now ... that is what I'm wondering what might cause that? It was dumping them fine before. Since it's stopped dumping non completed registrations what do I need to do to clear it, or is the table corrupt or what? Thanks for your reply tho.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quote

It's not really Userinfo that's causing the problem. I think there is something in Your_Account that is supposed to clear (delete) the records in user_temp after a specified period has passed. Maybe someone else here is more familiar with that mechanism or can look it up for you. It could be that the SQL that is supposed to delete the records is failing or maybe, like you say the table is bad. You could try to analyze and repair it in PHPmyadmin. I doubt a bad table is the cause though but there's little cost to repairing it. Did you actually look at the table and see if the extra records are in there? That would be a good first step.

Sorry I can't be more definitive at this hour (it's late here).

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quote

Bluezzz, please check to see if your nuke_users_temp table has this structure:

Code:

`user_id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `username` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
  `user_email` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `user_password` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  `user_regdate` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
  `check_num` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `time` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',

You can check this within phpMyAdmin. I know that you know how. Wink

I am suspecting that you have a table / script mismatch. fkelly is right, the only place where these are deleted is through the Your Account module as well as only once a user has confirmed their signup.

So, here is what could also be happening: these could very well be bots trying to sign up and then are never able to confirm (upgrading to RavenNuke 2.10.00 would stop this), so the list builds up, then, if you have not had a user actually come in and complete the process of sign up since these bots built up this list, they will never be deleted. Try creating and confirming a new user and see if that cleans these up.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote

This is long, sorry ... when I go into phpMyAdmin and click on (from the left column) nuke_users, then at the top of the resulting page I click on Structure (which is what came up anyway but clicking the table name) ... I get this large mess of stuff for which I have no idea what it means : o/

Field Type Collation Attributes Null Default Extra Action
user_id int(11) No auto_increment
name varchar(60) latin1_swedish_ci No
username varchar(25) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_email varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
femail varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_website varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_avatar varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_regdate varchar(20) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_icq varchar(15) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_occ varchar(100) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_from varchar(100) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_interests varchar(150) latin1_swedish_ci No
user_sig varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_viewemail tinyint(2) Yes NULL
user_theme int(3) Yes NULL
user_aim varchar(1Cool latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_yim varchar(25) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_msnm varchar(25) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_password varchar(40) latin1_swedish_ci No
storynum tinyint(4) No 10
umode varchar(10) latin1_swedish_ci No
uorder tinyint(1) No 0
thold tinyint(1) No 0
noscore tinyint(1) No 0
bio tinytext latin1_swedish_ci No
ublockon tinyint(1) No 0
ublock tinytext latin1_swedish_ci No
theme varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
commentmax int(11) No 4096
counter int(11) No 0
newsletter int(1) No 0
user_posts int(10) No 0
user_attachsig int(2) No 0
user_rank int(10) No 0
user_level int(10) No 1
broadcast tinyint(1) No 1
popmeson tinyint(1) No 0
user_active tinyint(1) Yes 1
user_session_time int(11) No 0
user_session_page smallint(5) No 0
user_lastvisit int(11) No 0
user_timezone tinyint(4) No 10
user_style tinyint(4) Yes NULL
user_lang varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No english
user_dateformat varchar(14) latin1_swedish_ci No D M d, Y g:i a
user_new_privmsg smallint(5) UNSIGNED No 0
user_unread_privmsg smallint(5) UNSIGNED No 0
user_last_privmsg int(11) No 0
user_emailtime int(11) Yes NULL
user_allowhtml tinyint(1) Yes 1
user_allowbbcode tinyint(1) Yes 1
user_allowsmile tinyint(1) Yes 1
user_allowavatar tinyint(1) No 1
user_allow_pm tinyint(1) No 1
user_allow_viewonline tinyint(1) No 1
user_notify tinyint(1) No 0
user_notify_pm tinyint(1) No 0
user_popup_pm tinyint(1) No 0
user_avatar_type tinyint(4) No 3
user_sig_bbcode_uid varchar(10) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_actkey varchar(32) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
user_newpasswd varchar(32) latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL
points int(10) Yes 0
last_ip varchar(15) latin1_swedish_ci No 0
Check All / Uncheck All With selected:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Print view Propose table structure
Add field(s)At End of Table At Beginning of Table After user_id name username user_email femail user_website user_avatar user_regdate user_icq user_occ user_from user_interests user_sig user_viewemail user_theme user_aim user_yim user_msnm user_password storynum umode uorder thold noscore bio ublockon ublock theme commentmax counter newsletter user_posts user_attachsig user_rank user_level broadcast popmeson user_active user_session_time user_session_page user_lastvisit user_timezone user_style user_lang user_dateformat user_new_privmsg user_unread_privmsg user_last_privmsg user_emailtime user_allowhtml user_allowbbcode user_allowsmile user_allowavatar user_allow_pm user_allow_viewonline user_notify user_notify_pm user_popup_pm user_avatar_type user_sig_bbcode_uid user_actkey user_newpasswd points last_ip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browse
Structure
SQL
Search
Insert
Export
Import
Operations
Empty
Drop

Indexes: Keyname Type Cardinality Action Field
PRIMARY PRIMARY 44 user_id
uname INDEX 44 username
user_session_time INDEX 22 user_session_time
Create an index on columns
Space usage Type Usage
Data 12,732 B
Index 4,096 B
Total 16,828 B
Row Statistics Statements Value
Format dynamic
Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Rows 44
Row length ø 289
Row size ø 382 B
Next Autoindex 68
Creation Aug 20, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Last update May 02, 2007 at 02:13 PM
Last check May 02, 2007 at 01:55 PM

Actually I'm not at all sure I did that right LOL, please advize ... and I did create a new user btw, and have had the odd legit person sign up, this is how I know it's bots and not real people!

Gosh darn it ... I guess I'll hafta upgrade to RN 76 2.10.0 but I'm afraid it'll wreak havoc on the site with a mess of further errors to fix! I'm currently running 2.02.02, is it hard to upgrade? Should I fix this table first? Should I prepare my friends for a bumpy ride??? LOL

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote

BTW, users_temp has the following ...

user_id int(10) No auto_increment
check_num varchar(50) latin1_swedish_ci No
time varchar(14) latin1_swedish_ci No
Add field(s)At End of Table At Beginning of Table After user_id username user_email user_password user_regdate check_num time

PRIMARY PRIMARY 120 user_id
Space usage Type Usage
Data 15,676 B
Index 2,048 B
Total 17,724 B
Format dynamic
Rows 120
Row length ø 130
Row size ø 148 B
Next Autoindex 236
Last update May 04, 2007 at 08:30 AM
Last check May 02, 2007 at 01:42 PM

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote

I was going to say your user table doesn't reflect the latest changes but then I reread your posts and I see you are using 2.02. For that release, and assuming that your PHP code is 2.02 also, you should be okay. At least I did a cursory check of the table structures and they look okay.

Try this. First, using PHPmyadmin browse the users_temp table and see how many records are there. You should get the 118 you mentioned. See what kind of usernames are in there, just take note of it.

Then create a new user yourself. Use a temporary email account, or a secondary one if you have one, and have the registration email sent there. Go into that email and complete the registration. Make sure the user gets registered by going into your_account in admin and looking at that username.

Now browse the users_temp table again. (You could leave it up in a separate window in PHPmyadmin while you do the registration step). See if all the records are still there. As M. suggests the act of registering a user should clear the table.

Finally post the result back here.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote

--> users_temp table 120 I've saved a text copy of the list
--> I copied all usernames to a text file, none seem to be legit by their username or email addresses.

I created a new user today per your suggestion, all is fine in that regard, I received the confirmation email, clicked the link and had access to the site once I logged in with new account.

The table is now cleared, however the site is showing that 1 is pending when in fact that would be the one I just registered and it is no longer pending.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote

user_temps structure now reads as follows:

user_id int(10) No auto_increment
check_num varchar(50) latin1_swedish_ci No
time varchar(14) latin1_swedish_ci No
Add field(s)At End of Table At Beginning of Table After user_id username user_email user_password user_regdate check_num time

PRIMARY PRIMARY 1 user_id
Space usage Type Usage
Data 15,808 B
Index 2,048 B
Overhead 15,680 B
Effective 2,176 B
Total 17,856 B
Optimize table
Format dynamic
Rows 1
Row length ø 128
Row size ø 17,856 B
Next Autoindex 237
Last update May 04, 2007 at 03:26 PM
Last check May 02, 2007 at 01:42 PM

Clicking browse shows the following for user_temps:

user_id username user_email user_password user_regdate check_num time
235 hangmn-pro [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] e935f35a1674ea501057cfaeb10afece

This person is the one pending and not my newly added member ... so then, it starts over : o.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote

The "mail.ru" is a pretty good indication that Russian hackers have found your site. It's a good thing they haven't done more damage than just driving you a little nuts. I don't know what to suggest other than just keep clearing the table by the means we discovered a while back. You can delete the new user you created then recreate it to clear the table again. These folks (hackers) are not doing you any real damage other than diverting you from more important work.

You could also try to ban their whole country thru Sentinel and IP2country but I'm not a real expert on that.

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote

Bluezzz, ok, definitely a good thing that committing that one user cleared it out for you, that tells me the process / table structure is "sound". If you upgrade to 2.10.00 you will have what is called UserInfoAddOns from Raven that would help you see the details of these and you can delete the ones that no longer make sense.

However, you can add it yourself now and get it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

However, if you do it now and you later decide to upgrade to 2.10.00, just remember NOT to re-install it at that time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic