Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RWH General
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I'm just wondering about the daily backups. I notice there is a button for Daily and button for Weekly backups within cPanel backup menu.

Just curious:

1) Backups working reliably each day?
2) How many backups are retained?
3) Where do these backups go?
4) Anything else I should know?

Thanks ahead of time Smile My site's doing great -- thanks for the awesome hosting! Things have been speedy, reliable, and absolutely no complaints. The service is the best out there.

We're advocating the removal of current government, and the site hasn't come down yet. I think we'll really test raven's limits here Cool

P.S. -- where'd you get that timezone mod that you use on this site? I like how it displays the times so that users can be sure to choose the correct timezone. May I have? Wink

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote

We are now using incremental nightly backups. They are accessible through your cPanel.

Glad to hear that everything is going well Cheers

I don't know where I got the mod. Look at all the phpbb mods. I think it's one that works in nuke w/o any changes. But, be sure to backup the files before you change them Wink

sak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
But, be sure to backup the files before you change them Wink

No doubt Smile I've created a method that seems somewhat satisfactory. I create a copy of each file I change, and note all of the changes at the bottom. The backup keeps the same filename with a different extension and features all of the original RN code with changes ONLY noted at the bottom.

I figured this will leave a trail anytime I upgrade and need to put hacks back in. Otherwise you wind up changing/adding/removing/etc things inside files, and soon comes the day when you can't remember what files were changed and how Very Happy

Learned that one the hard way Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RWH General

View next topic
View previous topic