Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
kerry
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quote

Logged in to RN as Admin on /RNnuke/index.php I click the "Forums" hyperlink in the left column menu
Quote:

. Content
· Encyclopedia
· FAQ
· Forums
· HTML Newsletter
· Members List

I try entering all the usernames and passwords that I used to create Raven Nuke and I get "unspecified username or password."
I also tried all of the entries I used Configuration Settings For RavenNuke™ Core Functionality but none work. This is different than installing a standalone phpBB so I don't know what to enter.

Strange because I was able to enter it as Admin yesterday and create a category and a forum.

Suggestions please,

Thanks,

Kerry

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Did you actually create a Nuke user account?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote

You MUST be logged into the website as BOTH admin AND user to access the forums.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by jaded on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total 
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you actually create a Nuke user account?
Gosh, I thought so. How do I test to ensure that I did. Is there a file I can look in?

Kerry

kerry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
You MUST be logged into the website as NOTH admin AND user to access the forums.
I'm confused. Can you restate? Or, give an example? Is "NOTH" the username and "AND" the default password? I'm relucatand to "try" something and mess things up.

Thanks,

Kerry

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote

You need to login through the Your_Account module - that is the Nuke user

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
You need to login through the Your_Account module - that is the Nuke user
I feel so stupid, I don't know what you mean by "- that is the Nuke user."

What I have done is from http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/admin.php?op=modules Administration Menu > I clicked on the Modules button and at the bottom of the Title column I clicked "activate" and then "edit" which brought up
Custom Module Name: which I left as "Your Account."
Who can View This? which was set to "All Vistors" which I changed to "Groups Only" because it says "View must be SET to Groups only"
What Groups: The default was/is "Moderators"
Visable in Modules Block? The default was yes. I left is as Yes.

Is this what you meant above and is it correct?

After I clicked the Save button I clicked the Home hyperlink and then clicked Forums. It bought up the faded RBNuke phpBB forum but still faded. I entered my Username and Password and got: "Login Incorrect"

Which file contains the Username and Password?

Thank you,

Kerry

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote

kerry, what is being said is that you must be logged in as a "normal user", not just through admin.php. The forums work only off of the normal PHP-Nuke login accounts, not the admin.

For example, many themes show "Login or Register" at the top left-hand of the home page. It is this "Login" that is being discussed. The other way to get there is to click on the Your Account module and it will ask you to enter in your normal user login credentials. If you have not yet created for yourself a normal login user, you will need to create yourself one either by registering, or through the Administration --> User --> Add User function.

Hope that helps.

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote

I am not trying to be rude but you have asked this question in a couple of different posts. I still cannot really follow what it is that you are trying to really do.

Please explain to us and perhaps someone can help you once and for all.

Are you trying to log into the ADMIN section of your forums but cannot????
Where and how EXACTLY are you trying to do this if it is the case??????

Are you saying that your cannot ACCESS your forums without having to login as a real user????
Meaning, you see the link for forums in the MODULES block on the site and click the link. You then see your forums. You click the one you created to enter but it wants you to login as a USER??

If so, this is correct. You MUST be logged in as a USER to go into the forums, unless you set them to be open to ALL when you created it.

I really do not understand what your issue is. I think that most people on this board are probably frustrated with it also. Please explain to us WHAT EXACTLY you are trying to do and HOW EXACTLY you are trying to do it. Also, please try to stick to one topic as it leads to less confusion.

Thanks and good luck.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Ok, let me give this a try again and, yes, Kerry, let us tackle on issue at a time. We'll get there. I promise.

First and foremost more background:

Your nuke admin user login (admin.php) allows you to access system-wide and module administration settings. The Forums link there will take you to the phpBB administration / configuration page with its administration options on the left-hand side. This IS where you want to go to create new categories, new forums, modify styles, tweak user/group permissions related ONLY to the forums, etc.

Your nuke regular user login (through Your Account / Login) allows you, with the right permissions given via the admin user, to access your forums and moderate them.

I sure hope this explains it better.

Also, if you are knew to PHP-Nuke, you might want to check out the PHP-Nuke Users Manual from Raven's Site Navigation block (you will see it at the left when you are on the Home Page).

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Jaded,

Sorry for the confusion. I see now that I should have solved the faded phpBB forum problem first.

When I view this http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/modules.php?name=Forums using either Vista's IE7 or FF I see a faded washed-out RNphpBB with my two categories and a forum. Do you also see the faded forum?

Kerry

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Kerry, I'd suggest keeping this thread to its topic which was to help you get your arms around how phpBB is integrated into Nuke and the different users.

If you already have this forum "faded" thread going somewhere else, lets take it up there.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote

Agreed, the style (color) of your forum skin is secondary and should be kept in your other thread. Please explain as we requested, in detail, your other issues so that we can better help you.

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm now able to edit phpBB as Admin.

Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic