Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
mrbilly
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote

hey everyone...i am using the new RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro for my new website.

i have a current site running nuke 7.6 with patch 3.0 and another running 7.6 with patch 3.1

with both my current websites i am able to use the <i> and </i> html tags in block titles, in order to make some words italic.

i am not able to do this with the new RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro .

when i do try this with the RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro, the only thing the tags do is to display the block title in italics in the blocks admin menu.

any ideas ?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:37 am Reply with quote

ahh its MR billy.. Laughing j/k

Have u tried to add that tag to allowable html in the config.php?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote

hey darklord...Hmmmm.....i assume j/k is shorthand for joke?...if not, just so you know, my name is actually illy and I am a gal...which is y i called some guy a honey the other day on here...but i dont think he realised this.

i have not made any changes to my .config files yet as i am not sure exactly where to insert a comand to alow this <i> html tag.

the end of my .config file currently looks like as follows...

$reasons = array("As Is","Offtopic","Flamebait","Troll","Redundant","Insighful","Interesting","Informative","Funny","Overrated","Underrated");
$badreasons = 4;
$AllowableHTML = array("b"=>1,"i"=>1,"u"=>1,"div"=>2,"a"=>2,"em"=>1,"br"=>1,"strong"=>1,"blockquote"=>1,"tt"=>1,"li"=>1,"ol"=>1,"ul"=>1);
$CensorList = array("f***","cunt","f***er","f***ing","pussy","cock","c0ck","cum","twat","clit","bitch","fuk","fuking","motherfucker");
// Nuke Patched 3.1
// Further enhanced by Raven at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

can u help with some guidance please?

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote

yes j/k means joke..try makin it i=>2 not i=>1

mrbilly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quote

i changed it to 2 but this did not appear to do anything.

what do the numbers mean anyhow?

any further ideas? Sad

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:10 am Reply with quote

thinkin one sec

mrbilly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote

thinkin one sec?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

Placing html in the block titles won't work in the current release and I think there's probably good reason for it to stay that way.

Mainfile PHP does the following when reading in a block title from the database:

Code:
   $title = stripslashes(check_html($row['title'], 'nohtml'));

Thus, even if a title is stored with say italics around it, it won't display that way. I guess you could "hack" mainfile to omit the call to the check_html function but I wouldn't recommend it. As we used to say back in the IBM mainframe days, results could be unpredictable.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote

hi fkelly......thank yo for assisting. it isnt that important for the html to work, but it is simply frustrating when you have done something in an earlier website you have created which used a different version of php-nuke.

i would rather not have the function of html in a title, than comprimise my sites operation, moreoever security.

thanks.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

There is a lot going on with Ravennuke and the inclusion of the wysiwyg editor as a "default" and some of it affects the check_html function I believe. I just am not an expert on the details of it and whether selected html could eventually be permitted, safely, within titles. I don't see any technical reason why not.

This is something you might want to revisit when Ravennuke 2.10 is released ... it's nearing the quality assurance stage now internally. Kguske is really the expert on this and if he pays this post a visit he might be able to shed more light on the issue.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:57 am Reply with quote

Related to this question, the editor isn't really the important thing, but the change in how HTML tags are validated (which is a good thing). However, as long as that "nohtml" qualifier is in that check_html function call, there will be no change in this behaviour.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic