Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
posword
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote

I've installed by the quick method RavenNuke76_v2.02.02_FULL.zip, which contains 242pl5, and have downloaded NukeSentinel_242pl6_70-79.

I now want to upgrade RavenNuke76 to pl6. I do not want to overwrite all files as I have modded some files. Is there a LIST of which files have changed from pl5 to pl6?

And I'm still confused by "Edit_Core_Files"... were these included in the RavenNuke76 above or do I still have to do these edits by hand?

Getting ready to go live, so would appreciate help on this.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:26 am Reply with quote

You should not need to edit the core files for such a minor upgrade. Are you saying that you modified NukeSentinel files? If not, it should be OK to overwrite the NukeSentinel files. You'll need to run the upgrade script, if there is one from pl5 to pl6, but I'd guess it's pretty minor (probably only changing the version number).

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote

If you have not touched the Nuke Sentinel files just upload all the files, there is nothing but sentinel files in the upgrade, I upgraded yesterday.

Upload the files and point to nsnst.php and click on the pl5 to pl6 upgrade. it was all stright forward and did not make any changes to the core files.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote

If you have made mods to the NS files, I always like to use a tool such as Beyond Compare 2 (my favorite) or Winmerge to run directory level comparisons and then pick and choose which edits to keep or not. There is definitely no "free lunch". If you modify the script files you are always left having to reconcile them upon an upgrade.

posword

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone.

I have not modded any NS files, just root files like mainfile.php, index.php, meta.php.

I'll go ahead on uploading only NS file and running nsnst.php.

UPDATED:
I thought I had it solved, and now it has jumped up and bitten me again!

When I tried to save General Setting in NukeSentinel admin it gave an Internal Server Error, and the same when I tried to click on any link in NukeSentinel admin. I'm sure glad I didn't go live with it.

Looks like its something to do with the .htaccess file but I've tried various combinations of commenting out but no success. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Peter

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote

Well, guess what? pl7 is out now... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Bob is pretty good about providing patch files and db patch installers, so should be a "breeze".

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote

Yes as Montego stated, it went like a breeze....Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:01 am Reply with quote

We are now on pl8
I just upgraded and all wnt smoothyl, though I recommend, as always, to check HTTPAuth is still turned on if you were using it before.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:57 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003, had you done a "Scan for New Admins"? I upgraded and do not recall that setting being changed on me. I do believe that issue should have been fixed in either pl6 or pl7.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:40 am Reply with quote

Yes I did scan for new admins and although I didn't have any issues myself, thought it best to mention to check that setting as a matter of 'good practise' to be safe.

FireATST

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:27 am Reply with quote

pl8 was a breeze also.....Smile

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Yes I did scan for new admins and although I didn't have any issues myself, thought it best to mention to check that setting as a matter of 'good practise' to be safe.

Got it! Good thinkin'...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic