Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
posword
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

I have just installed and tested Union Tap Code beta 4 in mainfile.php, after I was hacked with beta 3 in place.

However, when I go to admin.php I now have a Security Code line but no image or numbers.

Help!

Peter

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote

I'd strongly suggest you take a look at NukeSentinel.

posword

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote

kguske, yes I have tried NukeSentinel on my local computer using a Raven 7.6 install but I had problems with that. Also the forums still have people being hacked with NukeSentinel installed.

We are planning a major makeover, and I was hoping for a simpler solution until that time.

Thanks,
Peter

kguske

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quote

Union tap attempts to block one type of attack. NukeSentinel blocks that and many others and is much more effective at protecting sites than Union Tap. Most have few problems with NukeSentinel, so I'm curious about what problems you experienced. Also, what version of Nuke are you using?

posword

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote

kguske,
my previous problems are noted at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

However, I'm happy to say as of today I can get into NukeSentinel admin on my local computer. Where can I download the User Guide to understand how to set it up? I've seen it as an online module but cannot find where to download the module.

I'm using Nuke 7.3 modded with a number of security patches. I'd love to change to Raven 7.6 which I have installed on my local machine. But I need to get it working there before I transfer it to my production site.

Cheers,
Peter

kguske

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote

No reason you can't refer to the online version...but I think the last version was done by Steph at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote

posword, would have been nice to have had you reply to my last post in that thread you referenced to let us know you had success. Anyways, good to know that you're up and running on your local system.

montego

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote

By the way, regarding your post here:
Quote:

Also the forums still have people being hacked with NukeSentinel installed.

These "people being hacked" are due to inappropriately coded add-on modules that folks load up, such as some of the chat modules, coppermine, etc. Anything that can upload files to your site is to be considered dangerous and must be viewed very carefully from a security standpoint.

Raven's is one of the most popular nuke sites on the net and is running NS... you will see from his NS block, that NS has caught many a Union attack on this site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic