Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
akky
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote

I have a possibility of a site integration. However........

The guy is pretty hell bent on using ubb threads. What I would like to avoid is having users sign up twice. Is there any mod or hack available that would allow pass thru of users to both systems.

Failing that how can he be convinced phpnuke is the future......

Steve.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:03 am Reply with quote

I personally hate to say this because i love php nuke

Its so versital but it seems that the maker has given up on it..if I read the posts correctly.

Now I personally wish i had more years on it then just a couple of months because i would love to see nuke continue and i know others would as well

For future reference...Anyone that would be willing to take nuke and work with it and keep it alive longer...id be happy to give the time and effort into it.

So to convince him...i dont see where phpbb is goin anywhere and i could tell you this..ive tested other scripts..got to stay informed Laughing

Nuke has by far offered the most versitile platform Ive seen to date.

Its said that other scripts also offer the same thing but i have personally found them to be more difficult and in need of a lot of help...i love nuke..so easy to learn and an excellent resource of knowledge can be found about it..this forum is one of them so to make it short....nuke has been a good script.

And chatserv has done an excellent job patchin all the exploits he could find and ppl have spent countless hours making it work more efficiently..im sure in the beginning nuke wasnt so easy to work with..but thats ppls sweat and retinas Laughing makin it easier.

Hope this helps to convince him...I love it and wouldnt trade it in for anything...Nuke is an awesome tool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
akky

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote

I agree, but are you talking about Nuke or its ports. Surely Ravens and Evo's will still continie to patch what they have (please say yes guys)

I am totally sold on Nuke, as I've said before, I looked at loads, and none of the others have a patch on nuke (either Ravens or Evo.)

i've looked at ubb vbulletin and the more I think about it the less, I like them. Yes they also have a large mods list and plenty if people to help out, but Nuke for some reason just has that bit more. I get the impression that vbulletin and ubb will always be a forum first ansd a CMS second. If you compare this with Nuke and the likes, the forum options are there, as advanced, but hidden if required.

There you go, I think I've helped answer my own question, but as always it's good to compare against what somone else believes is the best and you have the commitment to stay with what you have. (sounds like I've been having an affair with ubb and vbulletin, sorry Nuke Smile )

Steve

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quote

Quote:

Surely Ravens and Evo's will still continie to patch what they have (please say yes guys)

Ok, cannot speak for Evo, but RavenNuke76 is most definitely keeping up with patches. The latest 2.02.02 patch release included a new NukeSentinel patch release as well as what we felt was appropriate of 3.2 patches to apply (there are issues with that patch release that we have avoided for now).

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote

Is UBB now running on PHP? You may have a chance at integration that way. Unfortunately with so many forums systems on restricted distribution licenses, there is really little support for running vBulletin and others on phpNuke. Why? Because you couldn't distribute the mod'ed files.

Another option is SimpleMachines forums, there is an integration for that and its an open source option

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic