Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
backlacsh

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Hello,
Finally I've found a group of nuke experts! Ok, not trying to butter you all up, just getting desperate for help with a problem. I'm a complete newb to the php and nuke worlds. Hopefully I can bother you all for some advise..?

I’ve installed version 7.8 of phpnuke and everything is working except the forums. I’ve activated it in the modules control panel, but when I click the forums admin panel, all I get is a blank page. Trying to view the forums results in the message, “This group has no forums.” I reverted back to version 7.6.0.3.2b and ended up with the following.

-------------------------------
phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'ukforums.nuke_bbsessions_keys' doesn't exist

SELECT u.* FROM nuke_users u, nuke_bbsessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 2 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id = '05ba8fa8634f659b60f74825c1012666'

Line : 93
File : sessions.php

I then tried version 7.9, but resulted in the same MySQL error.

I’ve since reinstalled version 7.8, and am back to a blank forum admin panel, and “This group has no forums.” After turning on debugging, I found that every page, including the blank forum admin page is preceded by the following message.

Notice: import_request_variables(): No prefix specified - possible security hazard in D:\webroot\001business\ukforums\mainfile.php on line 64

I was careful to completely remove the files and database so each attempt was a fresh install.

My server is a Windows 2003 Server running Apache 2.0.54, php 4.4.0, and MySQL 4.1.13a

Two weeks have gone by and I have very little hair left in my head. Can anyone offer any help? I will name my first born after you! Smile

Thank you for your time.

**Edit**(23/05/06)
I hope I haven't offended anyone by joining these forums and jumping right in with a question. I'm a newbie to the php and nuke worlds, so I've read through the rules and stickys to try to keep from breaking rules, (like turning on debuging mode b4 posting). Thanks.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote

Curious whats the sql database tables prefix...by default should be nuke

so it should read nuke_bbsessions_keys

Check the tables name

Then check your config.php

$prefix="nuke"

If the database tables name is nuke_bbsession_keys

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote

backlacsh, sounds like a bit of a mess. Sad If you are just starting out with nuke, I would highly recommend trying Raven's distribution here. RavenNuke76 is the name and the latest version is 2.02.02. It comes with a proprietary installer, written by Raven, and a good HowToInstall manual, which walks you through the entire install. It also comes with added security built right in (NukeSentinel and patches), which is a MUST in the Nuke world.

I am not sure about Apache 2.x. I cannot recall if there are issues with that and nuke. If you have control over the environment, I'd suggest 1.3.x (latest) instead. All your other components look good (except windows of course Laughing).

backlacsh

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote

The prefix is set to nuke. I've looked and found a nuke_bbsessions but no nuke_bbsession_keys in the table.
I'm currently debugging version 7.8 that shows a blank admin screen.

darklord wrote:
Curious whats the sql database tables prefix...by default should be nuke

so it should read nuke_bbsessions_keys

Check the tables name

Then check your config.php

$prefix="nuke"

If the database tables name is nuke_bbsession_keys

backlacsh

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

My first born will be named montego! Very Happy

Ok, dnloaded and installed RavenNuke76. Excellent install scripts! I love it!
Everything works! After two weeks, I finally have forums! You guys rock!

Thank you very much for your work on such a great package. Now I just have to pull enough hits to make money from google ads, then I can send a donation. In the mean time, I'm going to go click on your ads for about five minutes. Wink

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Now theres some true enthusiasm for websites although im not too sure but a friend of mine holds a nice #2 to u...they named their new dog PROXY Laughing Laughing

backlacsh

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
Now theres some true enthusiasm for websites although im not too sure but a friend of mine holds a nice #2 to u...they named their new dog PROXY Laughing Laughing

ROFL. Well, at least he didn't call him nuke. That might cause some confusion for non-techies. Razz

Unfortunately, I'm still getting a few issues. The forum page has an error 'Notice: Undefined index: bbconfig_sitename in D:\webroot\001business\ukforums2\INSTALLATION\setup.php on line 335' just above 'Forum Index'
I have changed the following in my php.ini:
display_errors = off
display_startup_errors = off
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
Php should only be reporting errors to the system log instead of outputting it to the screen.
You'll notice is says .\INSTALLATION\setup.php although this directory has been deleted.

Secondly, the logon box at the bottom reports a SQL error when trying to log in. If the regular login screen is used, it works without errors.

Thanks in advance.

*edited 6-8-06*
Thanks for the help, it looks like I've got it working now. Another wipe out and reinstall with display errors off and everything came up working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic