Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support
buggs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Hi, when I run the module in phpnuke I get this error string on the top right column, away from the guestbook:

Warning: main(language/usermenu/lang-english.lang.php.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/marentes/public_html/familia/blocks/block-User_Menu.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'language/usermenu/lang-english.lang.php.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /web/marentes/public_html/familia/blocks/block-User_Menu.php on line 21

The guestbook is running, but this string appears and it seems to effect my block containing user info, any idea what the problem might be?

http://www.marentes.com/familia/index.php

I am using phpnuke 70
Thanks
Buggs

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote

Line 21 in that block seems to have an error as the file is getting called with the .php extension twice, the filaname itself looks odd, i think it should be something like lang-english.php

buggs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote

But I only get this error message when I open the KISGB on my site. Any other time, there is no problem with this block.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:32 am Reply with quote

This usually is an indication of a variable clash between 2 blocks. In this case, kisgb and userinfo may be stepping on each other.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:34 am Reply with quote

Can you post line 21?

buggs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quote

That's what I figured, it almost looks like you maybe running the same block, or is it different?

This is line 21 from the user menu block:

include("language/usermenu/lang-$language.php");

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:47 am Reply with quote

Yep, that's what it is. Well, kisgb is a module and that other is a block. Change all instances of $language, in the block, to something like $languageui .

buggs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote

When I change it as you indicate I get this error even if I don't run kisgb.

Warning: main(language/usermenu/lang- .php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/marentes/public_html/familia/blocks/block-User_Menu.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'language/usermenu/lang- .php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /web/marentes/public_html/familia/blocks/block-User_Menu.php on line 21

Any idea what might work, other than removing the block?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:53 am Reply with quote

2 things, possibly. Either the block is buggy or you caused an error with your changes. Since I don't know where the block was getting $language from, the first time it is referenced you might have to leave and then the very next line you might have to do something like $languageui = $language.

buggs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:54 am Reply with quote

Mmmmmh, I can't seem to make it work, I have tried several user menu and I get the same problem, that is weird that I am the only one having this problem.

I tried all the above and no luck Crying or Very sad

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:50 am Reply with quote

Zip the menu block file and email it to me.

buggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks,
I sent it to you, I do appreciate it!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:33 am Reply with quote

Well, it works with mine so either something else in conjunction is meesing it up or you're not using the same release. I am using my unpublished release. I'll look at it more tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support

View next topic
View previous topic