Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Sparax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Hiya Guys and Gals

I'm looking for some help with a strange problem in backing up my database via the portal ACP i really hope someone can offer some assistance with this one cause i'm stumped ok anyway here's the problem i have 3 admins on my site and we all used to be able to make backups of the database however now for some reason only one of us is able to make a backup via the acp and the other two admins recive a 500 Internal Server error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

now usually i would have thought this was a problem with my host but as one of our admins is still able to make a backup via the ACP i don't see how

My current setup is Nuke 7.9 patched to 3.1 with nuke Sentinel so i am wondering could it be the sentinel that is blocking us from making a backup because in the sentinel administration the Database Maintenance will not read or display any tables either yet it can quite happily add data to the database ie add new ip's to the blocked ranges table.

Thats about as best i can explain my situation i'm affraid if anyone her might have any suggestions please post them i'd really like to get this fixed

Cheers

Sparax

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quote

A 500 Internal Server Error is 99.99% of the time a misconfiguration in your .htaccess file. Either there is a syntax error or you are trying to use a command that your host doesn't allow. I would start there.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

Is this through the Nuke backup db function? That has always been unreliable, esp with larger databases. I recommend phpMyAdmin

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Sparax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies fellas but i dont see that it could be my hosts configuration because one of our admins is still able to make a backup from the nuke control panel so the command must be being accepted by our host yet the other two admins get the 500 Internal Server Error this is why i am so confused why can one admin have access yet the other two can't

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote

A 500 Internal Server Error is 99.99% of the time a misconfiguration in your .htaccess file or in your Apache httpd.conf. That's where you should concentrate. If you doubt me, do a search on Google for 500 Internal Server Error

Last edited by Raven on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Sparax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote

I would never doubt you Raven i know you know your stuff mate

However it appears there is nothing wrong with my setup i made a replica of the site on my home server and all works ok on that so it looks like i wasted your time my appologise anyway i finnaly got a reply from my host about this after asking them to check the server error log and they came back and said the only log for my site that was in there was the following

Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6717440 bytes)

which is strange in it's self because as you can see the amount it was trying to allocate is less than the max allowed but anyway they have said they will look into it and get back to me so i guess i'll just have to wait and see

Sorry once again for wasting your time guys

Sincearly

Sparax

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote

This appears to be a PHP issue that causes a fatal error in the Apache configuration startup. Do a google search on Allowed memory size of bytes exhausted (tried to allocate and read about it. You might inform your "host" on how to fix their problem killing me

Sparax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote

lol nice one raven i have informed them just waiting on a reply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic