Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
Madhatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Strange one this....

Under Admin submit news, etc. all works fine - I can play around with the text till my hearts content and all works fine.

However if I try the submit news module as either a normal member or anonymous and try formatting the text (i.e. bold, italic, etc, etc.) as soon as I click on preview all the formatting is lost...

the text stays there but no formatting?!? I've tried various different articles - copied & pasted and general typing but no joy....

I then tried a copy of FCK editor and Nuke 7.6 on it's own on the same server and all is fine, which leads me to believe that there's a coding error on the Raven WYSIWYG module...(however I stand to be corrected)...

Any help would be greatpy appreciated as the WYSIWYG editor is pretty useless for me otherwise Sad

Craig

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote

Are you pasting from Word? Have you tested this using the non-Nuke version of WYSIWYG (you can try [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or ANY other WYSIWYG editor, for that matter)? Feel free to try the different pasting options (i.e. paste from Word, paste, paste text) on any WYSIWYG editor to see if they meet your needs, but consider...

It seems you have some HTML that isn't kosher for preview or submitting, and non-Admin users have more restrictions on that, whereas admins have more capabilities. Allowing anyone to submit any HTML opens your site to scripting attacks, so unless you secure it, any WYSIWYG editor would be pretty harmful to you under those circumstances.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote

I am not able to reproduce this affect of losing formatting when posting news either as a registered user.
However, I have just discovered a different anomaly which I need to investigate further.

Madhatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote

Sorry to be a pain and bring up this old problem, but I've now reviewed the code and simply can't see any reason why it should do this.

I've tried re-installing Raven and WYSIWYG twice on two different servers and no difference - there definitely seems to be a bug in my opinion or I'm doing something very wrong.

I was just wondering if any one else out there had Raven running and whether I could just have a go at adding a new article (it won't be published) as a non-registered member just to see if i get the same problem then...

Thanks

Craig

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote

Ill PM you my site it is a pretty stright forward RN install I did add the Sommaire menu block

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Madhatter, there must be something unique that you're doing - too many others are able to use it without problems. We've heard there were issues with Sommaire - probably conflicting javas cript. Are you using that?

Madhatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

First of all - big thans to Tao_Man for the link to his own Web site - tested on that site and no bug - everything works fine...

So it's got to be something I'm doing or the server settings...

I've downloaded the latest version of raven and am going to try that on a fresh install on it's own - no extras, etc.

kguske - funnily enough I am using the latest in-carniation of sommaire - I've tried disabling it but no difference so will look into that as well...

Thanks all much appreciated honestly Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks, keep us posted.

Madhatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

Ok - downloaded the lastest copy of Raven and installed it in a sub directory on the server - no mods or changes, just standard. Followed all the instructions for the normal installation and the WYSIWYG installation.

Used the standard raven template - and still the same problem Sad

Even tried moving the whole installation to the root of the webspace but still no joy Sad

It's a real shame as it was perfect for what I wanted but it looks like I'm going to have to use Raven standard Sad

Just hope someone else hits this problem (not in a nasty way) and maybe we could compare notes to have a look... it's a strange one though as FCK editor by NIP or phpnuker.de worked fine on the server - just not the Raven bistro...

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote

In the next release of RavenNuke, WYSIWYG will be standard. You will be able to turn it off, however.

I'd guess there is something that didn't get changed properly since the approach nukeWYSIWYG, and thus RavenNuke, uses is the same as phpnuker.de.

If you PM or post a link to your site, I can take a look. I may need FTP access to research further.

Madhatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me.... the site is:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I'll pm you over FTP access tonight as I'm currently in work...

Thank you to this greta community for all the help! It's restored my faith in PHPNuke!

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote

Sounds good. I may not be able to look at it until the weekend anyway.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote

Did you ever send this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic