Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> HTML
Nash
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm decent with HTML but can't figure this out - how can I override the color for links specified in my style sheet?

www.eastcoastbodyboarding.com. I basically want to make the links in the dark blue box on the right white instead of blue, as they don't show up well in blue.

Thanks!

Nash

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote

well thats easy,dive into your stylesheet:
Here >>>themes/ECBB/style/style.css

And the dirty blue one is : 0033FF
So change all 4 to whatever you want.

A:link {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #0033FF; FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}
A:active {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #0033FF; FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}
A:visited {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #0033FF; FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}
A:hover {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #0033FF; FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}

Nash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Hey hitwalker,

Thanks - the problem I have is that I want most links to be the blue color, but for the links that show up in this particular blocks, I want a white color. Unfortunately I tried overriding this in the link tags that I want to be white but it didn't seem to do it...

Thoughts?

--- Nash

daemon
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote

This is just a sample from one of my pages, you can add another set of link colors say to a menu (sidebar) whatever like this, just add your font class to them. this may work for you because its white. Smile

Code:

a.menu:visited { text-decoration: none;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.menu:active { text-decoration: none;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.menu:hover { text-decoration: none;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.light:link { color: white;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.light:visited { color: white;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.light:active { color: white;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none }
a.light:hover { text-decoration: none;  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #FF0000 }

Nash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote

so then in my < A > tag I would have <A ClASS="MENU"> ? Thanks!

daemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote

Smile fiddle with it you'll get it

Nash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote

oh, I've fiddled haha. Even tried creating separate classes when I was first dealing with this like a year ago. Problem with CSS for me is that I learned it once and then didn't have to do it for another year. Pretty much only needed to adjust it whenever I redesigned haha.

Nash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

sweet! seems to work!

daemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Smile

Nash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote

thanks

daemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote

anytime, glad I could help..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> HTML

View next topic
View previous topic