Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
AwwYouDead
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote

I'm confused here. If you set the value "server can send e-mail" to No in the user config. Why does the register screen still say leave password feild blank for auto generated password? How is the user going to get the password? I was just going to simple edit the text out but i cant find the field that contains the text.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quote

Let me first say that I have never used CNBYA before, but since you have not gotten a response yet, let me try to help you on this one.

Most modules are written to have the page literals translatable into multiple languages. I would assume that CNBYA is the same given its wide use in the global community. Modules typically accomplish this by using constants which are used in the code for displaying the literals. This way, each language file can define this constant differently by language. These typically have the following form (but that is up to the author's preference in coding):

define("_I_AM_SOME_LITERAL", "I am some literal - I am displayed on the page");

You need to find where the text is being sent to the browser usually either with an "echo" or "print" statement. Find that constant name and then search the module's language define files to find where to change the text.

AwwYouDead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply i had fxed this about 1hr after i posted. sorry for not editing my post i forgot about it.

But my second question still remains. There should be someone sort of check in the code about if server can send mail = no password generation is disabled or something.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quote

Hopefully the author of the tool sees this thread. To be honest, I haven't a clue who that might be anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic