Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.5
Totakeke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:03 pm Reply with quote

I just started my site with PHP-Nuke and I created a Super User. Then I tried creating a normal user account since it still said I was a 'guest'. Then when it said I would receive an email confirmation in a few seconds, I wait hours and I still don't get it. I specified my ISP's pop server since I don't have sendmail active (at least I don't think I do).

Does this mean I have to have sendmail running, or is something else wrong?

P.S. Sorry if this forum isn't for support, but I can't find any other sites with help forums or anything for support. So I was hoping you guys could help me.. I'm lost.. Crying or Very sad

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:24 pm Reply with quote

Is this windows or linux?

Totakeke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote

I am running Mac OS X, so I guess you could say Linux.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Ouch! I know ZIP about MacOS X. For this one, you better post it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] where it can get more exposure. Sorry!

Totakeke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Ouch! I know ZIP about MacOS X. For this one, you better post it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] where it can get more exposure. Sorry!

I tried going to the Community there but it just lists pages and one of them was this one, which is why I came here in the first place.

P.S. Your site looks just like the Mac OS X interface, yet you "know ZIP about Mac OS X" Laughing

Trust me, Mac OS X is just like Linux. If you don't want to help because you have some sort of bias of it, fine, I'll go now. Crying or Very sad Please lock this thread.

-Totakeke

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:00 pm Reply with quote

No no no! It's not a bias. I truly know nothing at all about it. This theme was designed at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I liked the blues in it Smile. If your OX is just like Linux, then the mail() function should work without a hitch. It should interface with your system email system.

Totakeke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
No no no! It's not a bias. I truly know nothing at all about it. This theme was designed at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I liked the blues in it Smile. If your OX is just like Linux, then the mail() function should work without a hitch. It should interface with your system email system.

Oh, okay Smile . Anyways, I searched on Google and someone else had this same problem, and he was on Debian Linux, so your theory about it "working perfectly no matter what on Linux", well, is sort of flawed Wink

Can you point me to the page at nukecops.com where I could ask for help? I only find links to support forums at other websites (like yours)?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:54 pm Reply with quote

Where and when did I say "it works perfectly on Linux no matter what"? I never made that claim. But I can tell you that regardless of what OS you are using, if the mail() function is not working, it is a setup probem on the host side. Just post it at Nuke Cops in the Post Installation Help forum.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Test - ignore

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Test - ignore

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Test - ignore

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:25 pm Reply with quote

test-ignore

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote

test-ignore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.5

View next topic
View previous topic