Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
bfnuke
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I have an interesting problem. I have Ravens distro 76 2.0.2 installed. Going to try out NSN_News_200rc2_70-79. Now in the setup, it says that there is some items that are needed only if you are using 71-74 versions (ie the admin stuff).

Now here is the interesting part. Unless I install these things on the Raven 76 version, all the admin.php stuff doesn't work.

Not sure if this si a NSN News problem or if this is a raven 76 distro problem.

Anyone else seen this? Comments?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote

bfnuke wrote:
I have an interesting problem. I have Ravens distro 76 2.0.2 installed. Going to try out NSN_News_200rc2_70-79. Now in the setup, it says that there is some items that are needed only if you are using 71-74 versions (ie the admin stuff).

Now here is the interesting part. Unless I install these things on the Raven 76 version, all the admin.php stuff doesn't work.

Not sure if this si a NSN News problem or if this is a raven 76 distro problem.

Anyone else seen this? Comments?

Please remember that RavenNuke76(tm) is VIRGIN phpnuke v7.6 with fixes pre-applied and NukeSentinel(tm) installed. So, it has nothing at all to do with RavenNuke76(tm).

So, what is your issue? You say it works with RN76(tm). What am I missing?

Last edited by Raven on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total 
bfnuke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, a couple issues.

1> The admin page links do not seem to correctly install

2> Once I installed the "admin" stuff, not I only get "Illegal file access!!" when trying to use the admin module. Trying to figure that out now...

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Illegal file access!! - That's answered in the forums.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote

bfnuke, I have mentioned this in a few other posts that you may want to shy away from the 2.x series of NSN News as I think it was unfinished work... still in beta from what I recall and BobM is no longer "active" on that project for an indeterminate amount of time.

Personally, I'd try the latest 1.x version instead and make sure you adjust for the 3.1 patches requiring some mods (these are explained in these forums as well as in the various readme type files in the 3.1 patch download).

bfnuke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

Ah crap. you are right. Man the nukescripts.net site for nsn news is not well organized to be able to tell what is the latest 1.x version. I was thinking this was it since it didn't have 2.x in the title, but I just realized the filename is 2.00 so obvously it is 2.x

For the latest 1.x version, I am guessing it is the 750pl1 one???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic