Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
rino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote

On the modules directory we have a directory called Copy of Topics
its ok or its a remaider of test? I can delete its? Thanks.

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Yes, you can delete it.

Maedondias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote

i also noticed a number of other modules had copy of index.php present, or copy of something still in them, can anything beginning with copy of be deleted safely? thnx

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote

Yes and thank you for pointing this out. I will clean those all up.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 am Reply with quote

In the v2.02.00 Distro, I could only find 2 occurrences of this. You say there are several. Would you be so kind as to point them out? The 2 I found were
Copy of Topics
Copy of index.php

Addendum: Guardian found several backups for the Forum upgrade from 2.0.18 to 2.0.19. Those too will be removed.

Last edited by Raven on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total 
rino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote

I confirm. Also i have could this 2 files
Copy of Topics
Copy of index.php

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:44 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Yes and thank you for pointing this out. I will clean those all up.

I guess that means you need to fire your QA Team! Smack ROTFL

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quote

lol Montego..... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:22 am Reply with quote

Am I glad I missed the final round of QA testing now lol

rino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote

Maybe its very fussy Smile) but in modules\rwsMetAuthors\language have 3 define("_ARTICLECOUNTBYCATEGORY","Article Count By Category");

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote

rino wrote:
Maybe its very fussy Smile) but in modules\rwsMetAuthors\language have 3 define("_ARTICLECOUNTBYCATEGORY","Article Count By Category");

Confirmed.
You can safely delete the last two lines in that file.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote

Rino, Thanks for being "fussy" Wink ! It improves the product. Is your background strong enough to be a member of the QA Team?

rino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven! My motto its "Continuous improvement"Smile My background its not very strong because i am not experienced programmer, i am a "homemade programmer"Smile I f you visit my website you can see that i am the "Pinocchio's Band" Commander Smile SmileSmile but the force of reach the targets its more strong than the knowledge... So i am ready to entry on the QA team!
( Sorry for bad american language, this message has been wrtite withe a dictionary)
Ciao.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote

QA takes on many forms and members. Montego is a stickler at details also Wink so between the 2 of you, I will probably get beat up ROTFL

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I suggest you go ahead and turn error reporting on full. While FB just ignores them, notices are useful. They will show all kinds of code problems that need to be corrected such as duplicate definitions. That's how I'm testing code with the Patched files

Why make PHP ignore or guess on how to fix errors, when the programmer should be able to tell PHP exactly what to do

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
rino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Part of HowtoInstall about Sentinel
-------------------
# Now select Admin Auth List and make sure that all admins have been assigned passwords
# Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file: -- Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file.
--------------------
So, i have not the " link that says Build CGIAuth file" .... its missing

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
QA takes on many forms and members. Montego is a stickler at details also Wink so between the 2 of you, I will probably get beat up ROTFL

You be careful, you might not like what I turn into when I am challenged to find bugs....

speedtype

FireATST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote

rino, it should be located in the main NukeSentinel admin page. Scroll down to Administrative settings, look for ? staccess Path: (the question mark is one of the red boxes to click for explanation of what this is) right under the ?staccess Path: should be the words: CGIAuth Setup. It looks kind of funny because it is in the same section as the ? staccess Path is. When you mouse over it, it should be a link.

When you scroll down to the administrative area next to Admin auth should be a drop down box. If you click on it, is one of your choices Admin CGiAuth?

rino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:11 am Reply with quote

Quote:
rino, it should be located in the main NukeSentinel admin page. Scroll down to Administrative settings, look for ? staccess Path: (the question mark is one of the red boxes to click for explanation of what this is) right under the ?staccess Path: should be the words: CGIAuth Setup. It looks kind of funny because it is in the same section as the ? staccess Path is. When you mouse over it, it should be a link.

OK FireATST its all OK , I have CGIAuth Setup but my precedent question is relative at phrase on the Howtodo # Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file: -- Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file. I have not the link Build CGIAuth file: -- Click it so I can't to do my .staccess Where is this link? Question

Quote:
When you scroll down to the administrative area next to Admin auth should be a drop down box. If you click on it, is one of your choices Admin CGiAuth?
No, i've not the scrll down box , i suppose to have disposable on the server only preselected CGiAuth.

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote

Sorry m8, miss understood. When you go to the NukeSenteniel ACP and click on scan for new admins, then click on Admin Auth List, right above the box that has the admin names in it, you don't see:

Build CGIAuth file: /home/*******(nameofyoursite)/public_html/.staccess

Your paths to htaccess and staccess are correctly entered in the areas it tells you to?

Maedondias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Reference to the copy ofs...
lol sorry i was kinda in a rush and had only checked ironically those 2 folders before moving on to finish up something else. i figured for any module that needed modification it'd be there, just forgot to check what modules had been modified. Blonde Moment i also saw a couple files ending in ".php-2.0.18" in random folders.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic