Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes
ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote

just installed this at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

but after installation and going through the entire instructions....the page comes up with blank

all that is on the page is a "‹"

looking into the page source i see that at the top there is:

Code:
‹<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">

which file contains this code? cuz the '‹' is most likely causing the loading problem here.

Thanks in advance!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote

I just searched the entire distribution and that does not exist. My guess is that you either have a corrupted download or a bad [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Make sure that you are tramsferring all *.php files as binary. There is nothing wrong with the Distro.

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quote

ok, i'll reinstall everything and try again. thanks raven! i'll update you on the situation

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote

i made sure binary transfer was on, and uploaded the files one by one. it seems any file that requires_once mainfile.php will display that funny symbol ?

is there a problem in mainfile.php?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:29 am Reply with quote

Nope. Have you edited any files?

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quote

nope, i redownloaded the package and uploaded them fresh

the only file i edited was config.php for the db settings

is it possible that my host's server has something to do with this ?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:19 am Reply with quote

Well it's obvious that somethings going on. Is that funky character showing on your local PC before you upload or does it just appear after it's uploaded?

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:44 am Reply with quote

the character doesn't show up on my PC. i did a full system search. it only appears when i try to access the site. also, you know how in ur instructions it says that it should say:
Quote:

There seems to be a problem with the $dbtype server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

before continuing installation?

that message doesn't show up either. its just the funny symbol: '‹'

i have no idea what is happening :S

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:50 am Reply with quote

Try another ftp client. I recommend wsftp.

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote

hi raven,

i tried it with wsftp, but i get the same results. i don't know much about the page source, but you probably know how it is built. here's the page source with just that symbol selected, when i view index.php in a browser:

Quote:
<*body*>‹
<*scr*ipt*>
if (!document.layers)
document.write('<*div* id="divStayTopRight" style="position:absolute"*>')
<*/script*><*div id="divStayTopRight" style="position: absolute; right: 3px; top: 150px;"*>

<*layer id="divStayTopRight"*>

i put in the stars so the security won't go crazy about the html

do you know what files build this source? cuz that funky symbol is at the beginning of the source...

thanks again raven!

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

which part of your package uses gzip ? my host tells me they don't support gzip.

and a little note: my friend running windows 98 can see the full site installed and everything, but my other friends running winxp only see the Question Mark or funky symbol. any ideas?

thanks raven!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote

This has been tested on many, many machines. I personally tested this on XP and Linux. If your does not support gzip then change hosts - seriously. gzip is only used on the sql installer, not on any files, at all. Try transferring your *.php files in ascii mode. What kind of OS and Web Server are you using? Trust me, the "funky" characters are due to something local. You might also try commenting out this code in mainfile.php
Code:
if ($phpver >= '4.0.4pl1' && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) && strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'compatible')) {

if (extension_loaded('zlib')) {
    @ob_end_clean();
    ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
  }
} elseif ($phpver > '4.0' && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'])) {
  if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'gzip')) {
    if (extension_loaded('zlib')) {
      $do_gzip_compress = true;
      ob_start(array('ob_gzhandler',5));
      ob_implicit_flush(0);
      if (ereg("MSIE", $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) {
      header('Content-Encoding: gzip');
      }
    }
  }
}

gzip transfer encoding is a function of your browser, not your host. Something is definitely amiss.

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote

THANKS RAVEN! the commenting of the code worked very nicely! Thanks! You are the best!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

Thanks for telling me that that worked. That implies that that logic does not work. It is suposed to query the browser for an encoding handshake to see if gzip is acceptable. The server then sends the html output to the browser based on the result. I may try rewriting that piece of code in the future and call on you for some testing. But, it's definitely low on the priority list right now, especially since we have a work-around!

ironice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote

lol sounds great!

shiloh3
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote

well your lucky you get a box you fixed
i am still trying toi get pass the connection

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quote

shiloh3, not sure what your issue is that you are having. If you cannot find a solution by searching the forums here, please post a NEW topic in the relevant forum with as much details as possible. AND, please do not post your issue more than once.

Thanks.

arif2k

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote

i installed RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02 Released! but mail validtaion is not send please help

gazj
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:37 am Reply with quote

have you set the url and email in preffernces to your details?
allso if any1 is using email clients like aol it classes the activate emails as spam and blocks them not sure what other email clients do this

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote

PHP-Nuke just uses that standard mail() function within PHP for most (all?) mail functions unless told otherwise (forums), therefore, you do need to make sure it really is not sending as apposed to the client or your target mail server classifying it as spam. Second, you need to find out from your host if/why the mail function is not working properly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic