Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
nicotine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Hi All,

So if you have ever used Emporuim you know that the link inside the product description opens a whole new window 'target=\"_blank\". Well I am trying to get it to open in a popup window with my window size settings...I am trying to accomplish this using javascript but have yet to succeed so I figured I would try to see if any one had an idea of how to do this. I will paste the function main section of the file product.emporiumbasic.php and what I have modified.
Code:
Crap! no html allowed!!

Quote:
http://pastebin.com/482540

So it opens the popup fine with the dimensions and specifications I have set but it does not use the correct url...this I imagine is because it is now 'outside' the function main and does not know what $cartconfig and $mediainfo is refering to. any help would be appreciated.

-nicotine

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quote

nicotine, you need to pass the URL into the function call to openpopup. Maybe something like:

echo "<a href=\"j avascript:openpopup('".$URL."')\">

where you have previously set the variable $URL appropriately.

Please note that I added a space in "javascript".

nicotine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote

montego, Thanks a bunch man, I ended up doing it differan than what I originaly had posted...same idea differant route.
Code:
$URL = "".$cartconfig->value("mediaFolder")."$mediaInfo[urlLocal]";

echo "<s.cript>\n";
                                        echo "function launch(){\n";
                                        echo "url=\"".$cartconfig->value("mediaFolder")."$mediaInfo[urlLocal]\"\n";
                                        echo "window.open(url,\"Image\",\"width=200,height=200,top=20,left=30,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,location=no\")\n";
                                        echo "}\n";
                                        echo "</s.cript>\n";
                                        echo "<a .href=\"j.avascript:launch('".$URL."')\"><NOBR>$mediaInfo[mediaName]</NOBR></a>";

Thanks again for you pointer Smile

montego

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote

nicotine, well, you hardcoded the url= string within your launch() function, so no need to pass a variable to it in the bottom line. However, this kind of defeats the purpose of using a javascript function. My vote would be to change it as such to make it more generic and be able to use the launch() function elsewhere if needed:

Code:

$URL = "".$cartconfig->value("mediaFolder")."$mediaInfo[urlLocal]";
                                        echo "<s.cript>\n";
                                        echo "function launch(url){\n";
                                        echo "window.open(url,\"Image\",\"width=200,height=200,top=20,left=30,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,location=no\")\n";
                                        echo "}\n";
                                        echo "</s.cript>\n";
                                        echo "<a .href=\"j.avascript:launch('".$URL."')\"><NOBR>$mediaInfo[mediaName]</NOBR></a>";

Now use this function over and over and just pass it a different URL when you need to do a pop-up window. You could even make some of the window sizing parameters variable driven as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic