Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
borat
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote

Hi

If I look at the simple or overall header.tpl file in the Subsilver theme pack the title tag shows this:

Code:
<title>{SITENAME} :: {PAGE_TITLE}</title>

I would expect the {PAGE_TITLE} bit to show the title of the topic but this does not happen with my site in the forums module. what do I need to do in order for it to show the post title in the <title> tag?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote

What if you replace {PAGE_TITLE} with {TOPIC_TITLE} ?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote

This is one of the MANY areas where the forum was converted to phpnuke incorrectly. The head and title tag is already set in the nuke code so when the forum code tries to set it again, it is ignored.

borat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven
thanks - how did you get it to work on your site? I notice that even when I tried to install various versions of phpnuke it has the same problem. do you perhaps know where the change should be made?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Do a search in the forums for dynamic titles. Here is one that exactly addresses your question [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Smile

borat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote

Thanks yes this is what I was looking for but I'm a bit disappointed in all those queries this is going to slow down my forums. perhaps the conversion should have been done correctly then by whoever did the port.

Even if I look at the source code of Raven's forums I see the following code in the middle of the page:
<html dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">

This is not supposed to be there. We as Nuke community must figure out a way to sort this out.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote

As I said up above

Raven wrote:
This is one of the MANY areas where the forum was converted to phpnuke incorrectly. The head and title tag is already set in the nuke code so when the forum code tries to set it again, it is ignored.

The entire nuke "system" is out of compliance with over 10,000 errors. Gee, one would think that FB would want to fix his crap, wouldn't one? But, alas, Steph has already done it Wink Read all about it: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

borat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote

Yes that Steph guy is brilliant. I've taken a look at his version and I hope that he can release it soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic