Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Phreya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote

I searched on the internet for resolutions to my issue and have tried several with no success.

This is my current error after reinstalling PHP and MySQL as recommended:

Warning: main(mainfile.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\main\admin.php on line 39

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'mainfile.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\main\admin.php on line 39

I have

PHP installed in C:\PHP
MySQL installed in C:\MySQL
PHP-Nuke installed in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\main

Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote

Well, from the error message, it appears that mainfile.php either doesn't exist or is not set for READ permissions. The versions of PHP and MySQL that you are using are not ready for prime time and are beta at best. I would recommend that you stick with PHP 4.4.0 and MySQL 4.0.25 (maybe .24, I forget). Also, to avoid MANY headaches, scrap IIS completely and use Apache 1.3.34.

Steptoe
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote

I would also sugest u partition your hd, put all your install webserver stuff to say
E:\webserverstuff\
\Apachie
\mysql
\netpbm etc

Then it is a simple matter to run regular backups of the whole partition to another location preferably on the local network or at least a separate backup partition. Something goes wrong, turn off services, rename e:\webserver folder, copy last backup of \webserver back , turn on services.
Keeping files /folders that can be accessed from externally to that machine in the same place as your O/S is not a good idea.
Also a good idea is to have a partition where u can keep a Ghost file of C:\
O/S fall over..presto 10 mins later, machine is fully reinstaled and configured and back in business. And no need to run Windows restore any more. A note about Win Restore, it restores on bootup...a server on good hardware runs for months without a reboot except when updating windows and drivers.
"He who made a back up, Laughs last"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic