Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke Mods
rafamp
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote

where can i find fast reply mod to use in my bbtonuke forum?

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote

You can get it here:

Advanced Quick Reply

The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Just as a heads-up, I wanted to comment that there are issues with each version of the Quick reply mods at bbtonukemods.com.

I haven't had a chance to give feedback to Curtis yet as I just finished (well, very close anyway) working on both versions.

At bbtonukemods.com you'll see that there are two versions. The first version is the regular quick reply, the second and updated or "advanced" quick reply from the same author that came out a couple of days later.

In the first version, there is an old issue relative to an XSS vulnerability. It was fixed in the original code at phpbbmods.com, but that fix doesn't look like it made it into the ported version. This version also has several W3C Compliance issues, but they are not severe. Finally, it has an issue with the "Quote Selected" function and the smilies popup.

Next, the "Advanced" version is supposed to add BBCode functions like bold, underline, etc.... In actuality it too has XSS vulnerabilities, but on top of that major issue it has some major W3C Compliance and layout problems (unlike the first version which has issues, but no where near as severe).

The advanced version also eliminates the smilies that are included in the basic version, the jabascript function for smilies popup is also wrong (the basic version has this problem too) and again, the quote selected function is bad.

Now, in this regard, I have started working on these two solutions and combining the features of them into one single solution. I have fixed the smilies popup issue, added a row of 20 smilies into the basic layout, fixed all of the presentation and layout problems including the tables and everything is now 100% W3C compliant and functional. The last thing I have done is eliminate the "Quote Selected" function as the advanced version includes the BBCode functions that would allow you to do this in the first place.

For a demonstration, you can visit my test domain at: http://78.64bit.us/modules.php?name=Forums to see it in action. Please note that you must be logged in to see the quick reply functions (as it should be, so that bandwidth isn't wasted by loading it for people that are not logged in).

I hope to feed all of this back to curtis in the following days once I am assured that I have fixed all of the XSS Vulnerabilities, so after that you should see an updated version at bbcodemods.com once Curtis has been provided with all the combined fixes.

Hope this helps.
Steph

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote

I am glad you caught this. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to security but have been really studying to overcome this. This is one of the reasons that when I personally port a phpBB Hack I do not attempt to stray from the original authors work to add features etc. I merely attempt to massage the code to represent the file structure of bbtonuke.

More than 90% of the ported versions of phpBBHacks at bbtonukemods.com are the same ones that are and have been available at portedmods.com, codezwiz.com, jaded-designs.com and of course nukeresources.com and quite a few other sites. Sadly most of the mods (at all of the sites listed) are not up to date and really need to be looked at. This is one of the goals I had planned, but for the most part my site is currently a one man operation so it is slow going.

I really had hoped that more folks would show an interest in helping updating the mods since there are so many, but at this point there hasn't been many that offered to join in. I am thankful that you have shown an interest. It is the entire PHP-Nuke community that benefit from this.

BBtoNukeMods.com is not about me having the ability to claim "I ported this all by myself", it is about sharing and collaborating. At least that was the plan. Laughing That being said... all are welcome to interact and contribute in any way they are able

Stang5_0
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quote

So with all that said guys. Is there an up to date link where we can get this mod? This is quite nice.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
CurtisH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote

Not that I am aware of. I never heard back from 64bitguy and assume that he is busy with other projects at this time.

Stang5_0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Okedoke, thanks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke Mods

View next topic
View previous topic