Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote

I posted this on nukemods.com (the guys that ported the phpBB theme to nuke) but no one has answered yet. The problem is very simple, I think, so I thought some of you guys here might be able to help Smile

Quote:
I've tried searching around, but couldn't find a mention of this bug anywhere.

In phpib2, you can click either the text OR anywhere in the cell of the f.orum you want to go to when you're in the forum index. The same is (or should be) true of the individual threads once you are in a particular forum. The cells are all clickable, and light up on mouseover, etc. However, at least on my site, when a user clicks the cell of a thread instead of the thread topic text, they are shot back to the home page of the site Sad

The bug seems simple enough, but I don't know how to go about fixing it. I would like to use this theme as the default theme of my site, but that bug would be very irritating for everyone and for myself. It tricks you into thinking you can click anywhere, and then sends you straight home.

Anyone notice this as well or have seen a fix for it? Thanks ahead of time!

btw, my site is http://www.ICarry.org

Thanks again

Original thread here

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quote

I have looked at your forums and can't find the problem.

Please post some specific links and tell us what you are clicking on that leads you back to the homepage instead of to the desired destination.

sak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote

I haven't started using phpIB2 yet, although I would like to very soon. Perhaps you didn't see the problem because you were viewing the site under its default theme (Helius)? The links in the forum index (the ones to the individual forum categories) all work fine, but once you enter any forum and click on the table cell of any thread it takes you to the homepage. Clicking text of threads works, but not the table cells

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:18 am Reply with quote

Well, I tried to register, but never got a confirmation email...soooo

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

I got your PM and logged in, changed my theme, but I still don't see the problem.

Steph

sak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote

I'm having some members test it out as well. In IE it sends me to home page, and in firefox it just does nothing. Which browser are you using? you changed your theme, entered a forum, and then clicked on the CELL (not on text) of a thread and it went into the thread for you?

sak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:38 pm Reply with quote

my other users are reporting the same issue

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote

I registered too.
From the forum main page clicking on a forum cell does indeed take you to the correct forum but when transfered to the forum, selecting any 'thread' cell takes you back to the homepage (IE6+).

As no url's are shown during mousever, I guess I'll have to download the theme and take a look at the files.

sak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guard, appreciate you looking into it very much. I still haven't gotten a response from the guys over at nukemods that ported the theme. I could maybe post something on the forum of the guys that made the phpBB theme, but I think most of them speak german, not to mention who knows how they'll feel about a phpnuke problem!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote

Well I tried the 'demo' link next to the theme download and it does exactly the same thing, so I'm thinking this is how it is supposed to work - although it doesnt work as one would expect.
Really it needs the cell background for thread to either work as one might expect (by taking you to the same url that the thread title url does) or for the on_click event to be removed.
I'm not a coder but will have a look anyway as it is a rather nice theme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic