Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote

I recently upgraded my UserInfoAddons script found on this site to the newest 2.1.1.

This is the problem i'm seeing

None of the visitor info beyond "People Online" is showing up either correctly or at all.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote

I just added a virgin copy of the addon to a virgin 7.5pl3.0b site and it works right out of the box. I have installed it on many 7.5 and 7.6 sites and it has never failed. So, I think the problem may be on your end.

leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote

ok, so if it's on my end what would it be? I haven't done any custom work to anything. I had an older version working just fine and in fact is working right now at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
But if I put this new version on there those fields do not work. Any suggestions as to what to look for?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Just for grins and giggles, try moving it to the other side.

leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Moving it to the left didn't do anything either. Also, i'm trying 2.1.0 .. same problem.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked your server error log to see if an error is being recorded?

leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Nothing in my apache error logs. As I said, the info is propogated just fine if I use the older version. Guess i'm stuck with the old version.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Add these lines to the top of the script and see if it displays any errors. Also, try another browser. I code to FireFox and not IE.

ini_set('display_errors','1');
ini_set('display_startup_errors','1');

leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote

No errors when i replaced the old script with the new script with those entries added to the top. BTW, all I use is Firefox.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Well, let's keep debugging Wink Turn off all you other blocks except that one and see if it works. If so, then start turning the other ones back on, one-by-one, until the gremlin shows himself. If it doesn't work when all the other blocks are turned off, well .....

leftyfb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote

I deactived every block except for the User Info .. still doing the same thing ... incorrect data for some (showing 0) and showing nothing for other entries.

What gets me is it works fine for the old version. The one I uploaded is fresh from the zip file from your site downloaded today.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Please email me the zip file as you received it to
raven _AT_
ravenphpscripts (DOT)
com

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote

I was testing this on another site - the problem I found is the SQL_NO_CACHE in the select statements. The version of MySQL on that site is 3.23.58. According to one site I found, MySQL 4.0.1 or higher is required for this. But I saw another that indicated it also didn't work on 4.0.16... At any rate, when I removed that select option it works correctly.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote

I guess that bares out DJMaze's other comment about people still using old MySQL. I cannot believe that hosts are not at least at 4.x! Thanks for this info. I will modify the script to version check before using that.

leftyfb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, that did the trick

amped

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote

hmm, looks like I have the same problem. My webhost is using the MySQL 3.23.58 as well. Im not sure exsactly what line it is that I am removing? I just downloaded UserInfo tonight, 2.1.1.

I tried removing this line:

$sql = "SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE s.host_addr, u.user_id, u.username, u.user_allow_viewonline FROM $user_prefix"._session." s,".$user_prefix."_users u WHERE s.guest=0 AND u.username=s.uname ORDER BY u.username";

and it almost appears to work, it shows people online HOWEVER, it doesnt show ME online...it shows the last person to register as being online with MY IP address. Im not sure what I am doing wrong...any suggestions?

Also, I am using phpnuke 7.9.

if anyone has any suggestions it would be great Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote

Refresh your screen. Did that clear it up?

amped

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote

no sir, same thing.
It also puts an "(H)" beside the users name. weirdd...

the url is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you can check it for yourself if you like :/

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote

That means the user is hidden. It's a setting in Profile.

amped

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote

hmmm, odd. This user is not online though...as far as I know I am the only user because I am still setting up the site. Its mistaking me for another user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic