Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7
bonzitre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote

Alright, I have read till I am ready to pass out (literally so this may be a bit odd or out of order). When people try to register to my site (www.g-tag.net) they can't. No email is sent to them. Gives me an SMTP error at times, and i am not sure what to do. I can manually add users under admin, but they can't sign up. If you know of a way to fix it, email [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]. Feel free to try yourself on my site. Help is appreciated. I hope you can help me and if you can, i will give you a cookie or something. WEll, time to pass out. it is 4am and i have been workin on this for months.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:54 am Reply with quote

well time to pass out then....
anyway,going on for months ?

first check if all your mail settings are correct in your configuratiion.

a simple way to check your servers ability to send mail can be done with the following script (previously posted by raven)

Code:

<?
if (isset($submit)) $resultMsg = 'Mailed - This just means that the PHP mail() function is working.<br />If you do not receive the email, then there is probably something wrong with your SMTP setup.';
else $resultMsg = '';
echo "<form action=\"".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."\" method=post>Input your email address to test";
echo "<br />";
echo "<input type=text name=addy size=50>";
echo "<br />";
echo "<br />";
echo "<input type=submit name=submit></form>";
if (isset($submit)&&!empty($addy)) {
   unset($submit);
   mail($addy,'Test message','Did you get this?') or die('ERROR');
   echo($resultMsg);
   unset($resultMsg);
   die();
}
?> 

Put it in a file,call it whatever...like test.php ,enter a mail address and test if you get anything at all.

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Nothing when i test it. Mail settings in what config? And yes, months. Since July.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Admin / Forums / General Admin / Configuration

All of the email server and account settings are in there.

Steph

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\SERVER\www\modules\Your_Account\index.php on line 146

...I get that error with my SMTP. What is a good Mail Server for Windows Server 2003? The windows POP3 and SMTP is too confused and worthless.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote

i have no clue how this is suppose to install and the radme doesn't help. also, how will this help with user reg?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote

Quote:
What is a good Mail Server for Windows Server 2003?

You asked, I merely answered. By using phpmailer, you would eliminate your SMTP mail problems.

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:
Quote:
What is a good Mail Server for Windows Server 2003?

You asked, I merely answered. By using phpmailer, you would eliminate your SMTP mail problems.

I have no clue how to install it though

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote

It is simply a class. The documentation explains that you need only add an include to your PHP scripts to use it.

The real issue here is that your Apache/PHP setup does not seem to be configured properly (php.ini) with a sendmail path, I suspect SMTP definitions are bad as well. (Probably the wrong username, etc...) Check your php.ini for this information and refer to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for proper configuration of the functions.

It is very simple to set this up, but my support here is probably better suited for Nuke issues and not home built server issues.

I think once your Apache and PHP builds are right, these problems won't exist anymore.

Steph

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:47 am Reply with quote

ok, i figured out what i need to do. I need code in which to add to my SMTP settings in my php.ini. I currently have it set to smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com, but now i need code to add my username and password in order to use the SMTP. What might that code be?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quote

I can't really advise you on this. There are simply too many different configuration variable scenarios for PHP/Apache/SMTP/Microsoft based hosting/Relay/NAT/DNS/Firewalls/Routing, etc...

Again, I can advise you on Nuke issues, but not on building a home based server as I didn't build it.

In fact, I would highly suggest that you not use your own server (in fact, anything but Microsoft for that matter), due to the many issues of hosting a Nuke site in that environment, but that's just my humble opinion.

Steph

bonzitre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote

In php.ini it lets you enter your SMTP host, port, and username, but not password... I just need to know code to add to the php.ini to send the SMTP my password for auth

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

SpaceMonkey
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Code:
<?

if (isset($submit)) $resultMsg = 'Mailed - This just means that the PHP mail() function is working.<br />If you do not receive the email, then there is probably something wrong with your SMTP setup.';
else $resultMsg = '';
echo "<form action=\"".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."\" method=post>Input your email address to test";
echo "<br />";
echo "<input type=text name=addy size=50>";
echo "<br />";
echo "<br />";
echo "<input type=submit name=submit></form>";
if (isset($submit)&&!empty($addy)) {
   unset($submit);
   mail($addy,'Test message','Did you get this?') or die('ERROR');
   echo($resultMsg);
   unset($resultMsg);
   die();
}
?> 

This does not seem to be an accurate way of testing your e-mail. It doesn't work on my server but e-mail works...

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:

The real issue here is that your Apache/PHP setup does not seem to be configured properly (php.ini) with a sendmail path, I suspect SMTP definitions are bad as well. (Probably the wrong username, etc...) Check your php.ini for this information and refer to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for proper configuration of the functions.

It is very simple to set this up, but my support here is probably better suited for Nuke issues and not home built server issues.

I think once your Apache and PHP builds are right, these problems won't exist anymore.

Steph

I have set up a mail account specifically for one of the portals. I have set the config in forums to use this id and set up smtp. I still am not getting mail from new user registrations on any portal. I do not see any other config options other than in admin > forums > config. I know I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out. I have tried different configurations to no avail.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote

and have you contacted your host with this problem?
are all setting ok?

jlajax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 am Reply with quote

They say they are I am waiting for the day crew to come in as they are more technically able than the night guys. The night crew states that all is good to go. This is my issue to resolve today.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:37 am Reply with quote

but a question..
are you setting it up differently or are you using default settings?
I mean....using default then you shouldnt even touch anything...
so what setup do you want to use ?

jlajax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quote

I have several copies of the portal up. In one I have smtp set up for that portal using that websites mail server and an account specifically set up for that portal. In the others all is default. None are working although they appear to be sending mail, the mail never arrives. I am working with RavenNuke7.6v2.10.00. This thread seems to be on the same topic so I came here once I found it.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quote

Mail never arrives ?
Are they bounced back to the server ?
Have you checked that ?

jlajax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote

I do not get a failed delivery message in my inbox. The smtp addy that I have set up is not the admin e-mail, if that makes a diff. All appears to be working in each portal, but it is not. New user registration process completes, the GD extensions appear in the final phase, the mail appears to go out, it is never received at the end users though. If I resend the e-mail I get the message mail sent, again it never arrives.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quote

have you used that script in the second post to see if mails are send ?

jlajax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote

Yes received nothing not sure if script ran. Only tried it in one website.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote

well if you did how its explained in the script and your not recieving anything and your SURE that the email address you used SHOULD have received the mail is VALID...then only conclussion possible is,is that your server isnt sending any mail...
only person qualified i know of who can advice you on this is raven.
i suggest that you pm him and ask politely to reply to your question.
dont forget to include the topic url.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7

View next topic
View previous topic