Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
sqzdog
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Tried accessing my site through Netscape 7.1 and it looks all funky. Real wide blocks and such. Is there a fix for this?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Yes. Scrap Netscape.

sqzdog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Well, that's the quickest fix i've had yet!

sqzdog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Actually, deactivating the scrolling forums block fixes the problem. But I like the scrolling forums block and really need to use it. Are there any other fixes besides "scrap netscape"

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:06 am Reply with quote

I just tested it in nn7.1 and my site displays correctly except the Download block is scrolling left to right Laughing

Is this code the same in yours? It's the first 3 '$content' lines
Code:
$content = "<A name= \"scrollingCode\"></A>";

$content .="<MARQUEE behavior= \"scroll\" align= \"center\" direction= \"up\" height=\"220\" scrollamount= \"2\" scrolldelay= \"25\" onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'>";
$content .="<center> <STYLE=\"text-decoration: none\"><font color=\"#666666\"><b>Last $amount Forum Messages</b></center>";

sqzdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:14 am Reply with quote

yes, that info is the same in mine. I got the script from you and haven't edited it so its strange that it doesn't mess up on your site.

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:38 pm Reply with quote

On the scroll direction change "Up" to "up". Netscape does not like the capital 'u'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:26 pm Reply with quote

I already checked that and it is set at "up"

XEULAS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes. Scrap Netscape.

I TOTALLY disagree with this statement. IE is NOT web compliant. Mozilla is. Design your sites in Mozilla and check them in IE.

Just tool around the forums at webmasterworld.com to confirm this train of thought.

XEULAS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:29 pm Reply with quote

p.s. Has the groups problem, where registered users still cant access restricted areas, been fixed in the latest version?

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:54 pm Reply with quote

I love netscape although it is a new addiction.

Tabs for everyeone!!

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Now that I think about it I am facing a slight issue with netscape. For some reason when I go to phpbb related forums Netscape seems to take longer than normal to load the page. When I look at the bottom of the browser it says 'connecting to status.icq.com'. How can I get it to quit doing that?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Just for the record, I truly hate Microsoft - truly. However, when it comes to public acceptance, like it or not, agree with it or not - IE has it hands down. Just look at any website stats and see where the majority of browsers lie. Most applications are developed using IE and therefore whether intended or not, end up IE compliant by default. The battle rages on and only time will tell. If you program to N or Opera, the majority of your visitors will lose, and ultimately, you will too.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:53 am Reply with quote

The only reason I started using netscape was to be able to check my site while loged out. After messing around with it a little I found several functions I really like. For the most part I don't have any problems unless I go to a site that is heavey in flash, then almost nothing works in Netscape.

It is also handy because my wife uses IE and I use nescape. We don't post by accident with each others accounts that way.

Argus
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quote

I use Firebird (now Firefox) as it is entirely more secure as a web browser than IE. The cookies my website sends me when I login as an admin can be jacked if I use IE, not so if I use Firefox. I code for Firebird/Netscape and check it with IE. It is a pita as there are some things that are totally wacked in IE vs. Netscape but my site works fine in both.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic