Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
gstrategic
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote

I use RSS feeds on my site and looking for a way to show more than 10 articles or items. The same RSS feeds show 20 articles in a RSS reader.

thanks,

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Could you be more specific regarding what you are looking for?

Some sites output 10 feeds, others different numbers. If a site only outputs the last 10 articles, that the most you can read.

If you are saying specifically this is an interpretter problem in aggregation, can you specify which RSS function you are using to read those 20 article outputs?

Thanks

gstrategic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote

I don't think it's a problem with interpreter; it seems like a setting somewhere in Nuke that results in a system wide max output of 10 articles for all RSS feeds.

I understand that the number of feeds controlled by sites that publish them. What I'm saying is same RSS feed that shows 20 articles in NetNewsWire, only shows only 10 in Nuke. How do I fix hack it to show all 20?

Thanks,

64bitguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote

So what you are saying is that you are using the default "built-in" RSS blocks functions inside PHP-Nuke versus and Add-on solution for reading RSS feeds?

If so, I think this will help.

Open your mainfile.php and find in the function headlines:
Code:
         for ($i=0;$i<10;$i++) {

Change that #10 to be 20 instead so it reads:
Code:
         for ($i=0;$i<20;$i++) {

Then a few lines down find:
Code:
                  $content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong><a href=\"$link\" target=\"new\">$title2</a><br>\n";

Change the "new" to be "_blank" so it reads:
Code:
                  $content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong><a href=\"$link\" target=\"_blank\">$title2</a><br>\n";

gstrategic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:
Then a few lines down find:
Code:
                  $content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong><a href=\"$link\" target=\"new\">$title2</a><br>\n";

Change the "new" to be "_blank" so it reads:
Code:
                  $content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong><a href=\"$link\" target=\"_blank\">$title2</a><br>\n";

I made the change and it works, however I couldn't find the above line so I didn't change it out like you suggested. May I ask what the above fix is supposed to do?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Cool. Glad that I could help.

The above section of code is what makes the link that you would click (the article in the RSS block) open in a new window. This line itself would be different depending on your version of Nuke, I simply guessed what your version is.

The bottom line is that wherever you see:
Code:
target=\"new\"

That should actually always be:
Code:
target=\"_blank\"
to be compliant to W3C Standards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic