Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
devo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been answered a million times... but what Im after....
I want to setup a nuke site as a support board only, the index.php is to be accessable only to members, what i want is to have a logon available from my index.html page, via a wee table cell with user: textbox password:textbox with the password appearing as *****'s if the user exists and PW is correct then to load nuke ---> mysite.com/members/index.php if user doesnt exist or PW not correct, to reload the index.html page again to give them another try, without the option of creating a new account as I will be the only one that is able to create a new account.
How would i set this up please... Im pretty new so need real help please, so far all I have the cell in the table for the login part of the screen only Embarassed

_________________________________________|
|
User Name __text input box____ |
Password __text input box____ |
_________________________________________|

Any ideas much appreciated thanks

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:25 am Reply with quote

Rather than reinventing the wheel, why not just make all blocks and modules, except the login block, for registered users only? That way all of the site is hidden except the login?

devo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:47 am Reply with quote

I see what you are saying.......BUT.....the nuke site will just be part of the site (a support board for reg users), I really want genuine users to be able to access the whole nuke site from my main page, but only if they are registered, so they would log on from my main page and if they are a reg user, they will see the support board (nuke) if that makes sense, sorry if I didnt make sense in the original posting.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:42 am Reply with quote

Doing it the way I described will accomplish that. Use nuke to register and make Forums, as well as the rest of thre site, available to registered users only

devo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:50 pm Reply with quote

DOH!!!......of course...... thanks once again..... is there a quick fix to disable the "create" account part of the login screen, would be a bit pointless if the user could create thier own account form the login screen what i mean is I want to be the only one to create accounts

TIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic