Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
vampire1963

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote

I have installed Sentinel 2.3.2 (and as an FYI its on Windows) on top of PHP Nuke 7.7 patched to 3.1 and having problems with nsnst.php. Basically when I run for "new install" everything fails. I thought the easiest thing to do would be to use the referenced nsnst.sql directly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be included in the distribution. Is one available?
Thanks.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

That is odd. My came with one for 2.3.2. It was located in the html folder. You may want to download the file again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote

There is no direct sql to build the database. You need to use the installer. What is it failing on?

vampire1963

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote

It is failing on all the table creates (and hence the data loads). I'm guessing it may be an issue with PHP on Windows as everything else is working fine. I just hoped not to have to debug the problem...

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote

It's not a windoze issue, for sure. Use phpMyAdmin and make sure that the tables don't already exist.

vampire1963

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Validated that the tables don't exist... just used Windows Explorer to make sure they weren't in the database. [Haven't loaded phpMyAdmin yet]

Guess its into debug mode.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked your php and/or apache error log?

vampire1963

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Looking at the MySQL error log did the trick.

It appears that although the tables did not look to exist they did. Fixed appropriately and re-ran nsnst.php. This time I get:

Everything seems to have completed succeesfully Smile

So looks like I'm in business.

I appreciate the help. I left my "technical roots" some time ago, as I moved into marketing, but I've had to get back into the technical side... its coming back slowly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic