Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
sav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:42 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I just downloaded the user info block and added it to my nuke 7.8 installation. When I activate the block and attempt to navigate to any view where it would be displayed the web page just times out until i remove the block.

I did activate the user info addons module to see if that was the problem, when i view the userinfoaddon nothing is displayed.

Anyone got any ideas on this.

Thanks,
Mark

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:38 am Reply with quote

I have not tested it under 7.7 or 7.8 as we do not recommend nor support those security challenged releases. But, there is no reason that I know of why it shouldn't work. My guess is that there is a confilct with another block.

sav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote

Hi there Raven, Thanks for replying...

I'm always a bit hasty in upgrading to new versions, perhaps I should regress back to 7.6 Sad

A bit more info on the problem that may be of use to you in the future:

As I said the userinfoaddon displays nothing when it is activated.

When the site info block is activated pages fail to load if site info is in the view (I even tried deactivating all other blocks)

If site info is in the blocks list (deactivated or activated) the web client that is displaying the site hogs 100% cpu (very weird).

No errors are reported in PHP.

Oh well guess I will go figure out how to roll back to 7.6.... btw what addon are you using for the login security code thing?? is it woth having??

Thanks again,
Mark

sav

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:50 am Reply with quote

Ok, I have sucessfully downgraded from 7.8 to 7.6 using the script form nukescripts.

I have now reinstalled the site info block using the supplied instructions but it is still not working!!

Once activated it just doesn't display at all. The only other blocks that I have activated are:

standard nuke 7.6 module block
standard nuke 7.6 login block
standard nuke 7.6 whoisonline block
standard nuke 7.6 survey block
standard nuke 7.6 html block

Dependant on how i weight the site info block on the right hand side of the page it either shows other blocks that are supposed to be on the right or no blocks at all (but I never get the site info to display)

Although I know I dont need the userinfoaddon moduale activated for the site info block to work if i do activate the userinfoaddon module and navigate to it it shows a page with table headers but no data rows, is this a problem??

I would be greatful for any help as I would really like to get this block working.

Cheers,
Sav

sav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:18 am Reply with quote

I guess there is no help to be had here then for my problem with the site info block Sad

Just installed patch 3.1 on my 7.6 install and it stuffed the whole site up *holds head in hands* would be nice to see something work with out a headache for a change!!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quote

The block works on hundreds of 7.6 sites. Without personally debugging your site I can't help you. You could try deactivating all your blocks except the site info block and then turn them back on, one at a time to find where the conflict occurs.

sav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I have made a secondary nuke site from a full fresh install and the site info works there on the same code levels as my main site! But as the 3.1 patch failed to install correctly on my main site I have deceded to build this new site fully and then port my data over.

Which brings me to the other question I asked, what is the password and authentication code add that you use on this site??

I also need an addon so that admins can create acounts as well as having the standard email account setup, any suggestions for this type of addon?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Which brings me to the other question I asked, what is the password and authentication code add that you use on this site??

Not sure what you mean??

sav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote

When you login you have to supply a username, password and a security code. How do I add the security code addon???

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:57 am Reply with quote

It is in the site info block. You activate it through the config.php file.

sav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote

ok thnx Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic