Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
mulsiphix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote

I have a question regarding this mod. I tried another website and they told me to contact the developement team. For the life of me I cannot figure out who that is or how to contact them. Hoping that you do know or that you can help me.

I deactivated a user account and account figure out how to reactivate it now. The only options in the drop down box are modify and remove. This is what I see. I added the red arrow to show what section I am viewing.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote

If I am not mistaken you can Go to the Forum ACP, User Admin, Management and edit the user there. Down at the bottom of the User Management page for a member there should be a check box for "User is active"

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote

The fastest way to identify the developers of a module is to click the Copyright link on the module page. It usually shows the developer and download links.

mulsiphix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote

@CurtisH - I went ahead and did that. They were inactive but after activating them their nuke account was still deactivated.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote

I use an older version of YAT, and 'deactivating' a user isn't as an option. However, when I see 'Deactivated Users', I makes me think of phpBB's 'User is active' [yes, no] option.

Have you checked the User Admin Panel in phpBB? Maybe you can 'activate' your user there.

Just a wild guess... Wink

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote

CurtisH wrote:
If I am not mistaken you can Go to the Forum ACP, User Admin, Management and edit the user there. Down at the bottom of the User Management page for a member there should be a check box for "User is active"

mulsiphix wrote:
@CurtisH - I went ahead and did that. They were inactive but after activating them their nuke account was still deactivated.

LoL! That's what I get for not reading the whole thread before posting... ROTFL

Okay, at this point, I would start putzing around in my sql db using phpMyAdmin. The user has to be flagged in there somewhere...

mulsiphix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote

I have bee messing around in the nuke_users area for this particular member for over an hour with on luck. I finally just deleted them and restored their info from a previous backup. Everything is fixed now. For the life of me I cannot figure out what setting controls this. Thanks for the feedback and support guys. Much appreciated.

RavensScripts

Trubador
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 am Reply with quote

Just had this problem myself.

PhPMyAdmin

Find table nuke_users

Click browse

Find the user you wish to re-activate

edit their details

find user_active , it should have a value of 0 if they are deactive, change value to 1 and save.

Hope this helps

Trub

menelaos61
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Hello there,
You have come to the right place for the dev-team of CNBYA Smile
The whole idea of deactivating a user may be a little confusing.
In my opinion it is the same as deleting a user, except for really deleting the account. This is because you might still want to relate user posts to the user.
If you really delete the user and you keep his messages nuke doesn't know who they belong(ed) to.

Maybe this has to be clearer in CNBYA. But this is always the way I have interpreted the difference between suspending and deactivating a user.
A deactivated user is not supposed to be restored again.
Basically it is a sulution for deleting a user without deleting the user's posts.

But it makes an interesting discussion on what would practically be the most usefull and intuitive way of user management...

Cheers,
Richard

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Speaking of CNBYA... Where can we get the newest beta? I have been using CNBYA since it was just a young'un and really find it the ONLY useable YA module. I would love to get my hands on the newest beta. *hint-hint* Smile

Trubador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote

TBH I fully agree m8.

Not only that but if you have de-activated a user and not deleted it also means they can not re-register with the same user details Smile

My apologies, I did state "problem" in my post, which it is not, its a work around. The situation with a member of my own website changed. I noticed they were still in the Admin section under active users. I realised I may have an option in PhPMyAdmin to re-activate, so I did.

What has bugged me slightly is that de-activated users return automatically to the active list after a small period of time. But are still deactivated.

ATB

Trub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic