Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Raven recently commented to a post I made recently that I 'had lost it'. Well, as usual he was right - only this time it is my avatars settings I have lost!
I'm using Nuke 7.5 with phpBB 2.0.15 and I am sure once upon a time there was a setting to configure the maximum uploadable avatar size and even enable/disable avatar uploading?

I have checked nuke admin->Preferences and also the forum Admin-> Configuration but found nothing.
Am I going completely round the bend and imagining features that never existed except in my dreams or is there another explanation?

Twilight zone eat your heart out!

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote

you mean this ?

Enable gallery avatars Yes No
    Enable remote avatars
    Avatars linked to from another website Yes No
    Enable avatar uploading Yes No
    Maximum Avatar File Size
    For uploaded avatar files Bytes
    Maximum Avatar Dimensions
    (Height x Width in pixels) x
    Path under your phpBB root dir, e.g. images/avatars
    Path under your phpBB root dir for pre-loaded images, e.g. images/avatars/gallery

if so thats just in modules/Forums/admin/index.php

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Yes, exactly!
How bizzare - I no longer see that anywhere, including [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I am using CM2F which has extensively added extra functionality to the forum admin area, as this was based around phpBB standalone code I'm now wondering if something got accidentally dropped from the forum admin area.

I suppose I'll have to do a file compare against nuke virgin code - thanks hitwalker!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:04 am Reply with quote

weird..it just disapeared?
like you said...maybe a file got mixedup somewhere..

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Yes, just disappeared LOL
I can go into nuke admin, select 'Forum' for the main forum admin page.
On the left column it lists the admin categories;
Administration
All the CM2F admin stuff
EDIT - for BB Code and Forum FAQ (an add-on)
General Admin
Group Admin
Styles Admin
User Admin
The right hand side give a brief welcom to phpBB Welcome message, some forum statistics, Who Is Online statistics and Version information.

If I remember correctly, the avatar setting were either on this page or under the General Admin heading.

There are no errors showing up anywhere so I have to assume the admin area I have 'misplaced' when I installed CM2F - that is to say, all references and links to that area are no longer there and its not just a simple case of a 'missing' file.

I going to d/l a fresh copy of 7.5 and do a file compare. It shouldnt take too long to do as the discrepancy can only be in the Forum files somewhere.

I'l let you know the outcome!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote

well just put the original files back...
one by one..then check with every file if its ok and then you know the guilty file..lol

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Having gone through each file individually time and time again, I finally found the culprit.
I must have uploaded a file half way through editing it for some unkown reason but for the benefit of anyone else that suffers a similar fate, the file was;
/modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl

The reason I got no actual error messages on the page (if you look at the file) is because I had managed to neatly remove several data table rows! Embarassed

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote

well atleast you found it...hip hip hurray..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic