Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote

I just installed the latest version of Nuke Sentinel over a phpnuke 7.8 (with chatserv's patch) and everything seems to be working flawlessly. One of the primary reasons I installed NS was because I thought it had a built-in user activation module. I am in need of manual user activation, and the easiest way would be for admins to see which users have applied and are in the "waiting" state and to be able to decide on a user-by-user basis whether or not to activate them or delete them, etc.

Was I mistaken in thinking nuke sentinel had this feature? Sad If so, does anyone else use another module that does this. I know I've seen many of mods like this years ago for nuke, but I don't want to pick a random one that might include security holes, etc.

If NS can't do this, does anyone know of some good mods out there for this sort of thing, that should work with nuke 7.8? Thanks ahead of time for any help Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:45 am Reply with quote

sak wrote:
I just installed the latest version of Nuke Sentinel over a phpnuke 7.8 (with chatserv's patch) and everything seems to be working flawlessly. One of the primary reasons I installed NS was because I thought it had a built-in user activation module. I am in need of manual user activation, and the easiest way would be for admins to see which users have applied and are in the "waiting" state and to be able to decide on a user-by-user basis whether or not to activate them or delete them, etc.

Was I mistaken in thinking nuke sentinel had this feature? Sad If so, does anyone else use another module that does this. I know I've seen many of mods like this years ago for nuke, but I don't want to pick a random one that might include security holes, etc.

If NS can't do this, does anyone know of some good mods out there for this sort of thing, that should work with nuke 7.8? Thanks ahead of time for any help Smile
Yes, you are mistaken. NukeSentinel is a security application. I have written an application that will do what you want. My Resend, Activate, or Delete Activation Emails - V2.0.2 does exactly what you want.

sak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:03 am Reply with quote

Very nice, simple and effective Smile

Thanks very much!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:08 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

sak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote

There's only 1 other thing hehe

I've adjusted the settings in the Forums admin configuration (user activation setting with position none-user-admin). Back in the day this used to affect whether or not the activation email would be sent, but it looks like that is no longer the case.

Plainly spoken, I DO NOT want phpnuke sending out activation emails Smile All users MUST be manually activated by admins on our site. Anyone know of an easy and effective way to stop phpnuke from sending out the email?

Thanks again Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Edit modules/Your_Account/index.php. Find the finishNewUser function and comment out any line that has mail( in it.

sak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote

awesome, works of course ;D

your skills frighten me! Cheers

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote

I started in 1970. Had a few years to hone them Wink

knuddesoft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:21 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I have written an application that will do what you want. My Resend, Activate, or Delete Activation Emails - V2.0.2 does exactly what you want.

I only see 3 buttons: Resend, Modify and Delete
Which of them is to activate the account, I think modify, but there I see:

User ID x
User Name
User Email
User Password
User RegDate
CheckNum
Time

What do I have to modify, and if I modify something, to what do I modify it?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote

Do you see Activation Link? Just click it.

knuddesoft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Yes I see it (stupid of me, but I was expexting a button, instead of the link)

Thanks for your answer

RobbieB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote

I just downloaded this but when I try to resend the email I get this error

An error ocurred while trying to send the email.

I dont think my confirmations are being sent and I JUST found this out, like I think 2000 users later Sad

Please help.

Also, in mysite.com/modules/Forums/admin/index.php

enable account activation is set to none... is this my problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic