Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
DarkSideOracle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

I am running a home server. Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0 with Argosoft Email Server. It has php4 installed and mysql 3.23.54.

I was wondering if there is a ULR that shows how to install & configure correctly php nuke on IIS 5.0?

I would think after IIS 5.0 and nuke been out soo many years there would be one. I googled and found NOTHING but useless links.

P.S. no i will not run apache, I dont care for it.

THanks for your help.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote

First of all, update your MySQL to 4.0.24 and make sure that PHP is at the 4.3.11 level.

Now, nuke is written in PHP. If you have php running successfully under IIS then nuke should install the same way under any server. There are a couple of idiosyncrasies with IIS because Billy Gates refuses to comply with anyone else's standards, but we can address those as you encounter them. Just install it and then if you have problems setting it up, just report back. But, search these forums before you post your questions as 95% of the questions are not server specific.

As to your comment about Apache, it's too bad you feel that way. the vast majority of the Internet and its users do not agree with you. You'll find oodles more support for Apache and PHP than you will for IIS. Could be why you can't find many links Wink

myrtletrees
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Rather than start another post I thought I would add to this one.

We recently installed PHP-Nuke version 7.7 on an IIS server. Everything works except the forums.
You cannot post any topics or replies or anything.
When submitting a new topic, it first pops up a message saying you must enter text, even though there is already text.
Then if you hit submit again, it looks like it works, but only brings up a blank forum page.
We have not go tmail service setup yet on the server, could that be the problem. Also when I go to the Forum Admin index. It shows all the users listed on the right payen. My IP is listed like 10 times, and if I hit th elink to FORUM INDEX next to my IP wher eit says I am on th esite, it adds another listing to the list with my IP. Keeps accumulating.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Please downgrade to 7.6. Your best bet is to just delete all the files and load up the 7.6pl3.1 from my site. Then be sure to run the upgrade.php file that is in the root folder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic