Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
aperfectdream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I already have a website and now I want to use phpnuke to make forums and stuff for my customer to communicate with each others. Can you tell me how hard it is to implement phpnuke into my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] site? Cause I'm paying this guy to do it so I just want to know how hard it is so he doesn't scam me. Thanks!

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote

For a person who can read and follow directions installation and set up is extremely easy. Furthermore sites like these are chocked full of valuable resources for helping you along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to use phpnuke to make forums and stuff for my customer to communicate with each others.

If all you really want is the forums and private messaging components, perhaps you should just use phpBB (which is the software that provides these functions in PHP-Nuke). There is a lot more to maintain in a Nuke install compared to a standalone phpBB install, so if it's appropriate you might want to limit your security exposure by using just phpBB.

Whichever you choose to do, be sure to install all security updates for the software, and add a security enhancement like NukeSentinel (if you choose to install PHP-Nuke) to prevent most known hacking attempts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic