Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
sabastina
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote

I see that there is alot of difference between coding the nuke between 6.5 and 7.7. Changes in the system seem to promote a cleaner but drastically changed coding. I"ve chosen my first Phpnuke project and need to know the best advice for studying the changes that have taken place...

For example, the add on I am working on is the AI by Palgn. It was made to work with nuke 6.5 and the phpbb 2.0.0 - 2.0.2. I figure that this project will likely take me a long time, but I'd like to try it.

What I am asking is if some of you seasoned folk out there could give me some pointers on how I should go about doing my studying regarding the change in coding as I've mentioned. I don't know where to start...

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to any replies!

Sabastina

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:17 pm Reply with quote

That addon in and of itself would be a challenge for anyone Wink Personally, if I were you, I would take on a little less complex project. Really, other than making your code secure with Get and Post variables, the major changes are the admin modules moving to the individual modules. Then, make sure you're using the $db database object rather than $dbi.

sabastina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Agreed. I've noticed that I still have that habit of rushing through things when it comes to the phpnuke. I'd better start with blocks, or themes...lol...

Thanks Raven.
By the way, I got in fine once I had my password sent to me. Thank you so much for all your help.

Sabastina

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote

By the way, A.L.I.C.E. is available at portedmods.com if you are looking for an AI entity for your forums. I tried it out and found it to be pretty neat. I only mention this because you mentioned desire to port an AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic