Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7
Whttailbuckdeer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:39 am Reply with quote

Ok Raven, see if you can fix this!

I have a problem with my site. Now, I did a fresh install a few weeks ago on a new server. I put v7.7 of Nuke on there, and installed a bunch of gallery modules and sommaire as well. However, when I am logged in as admin, and I click something (like New Story) the page that comes up shows the site as it would to an unknown user. I am logged out, and it says access denied. If I hit refresh 3 or 4 times though, the page will show up. It does this with the gallery modules I have as well. It requires me to click refresh to have them come up as they should.

I come to you, Raven, with this problem because in the past you've always been able to help me troubleshoot my site. Any ideas??? Would a fresh install be the way to go? Perhaps back down to 7.6?

Note: I also installed the 3.0 version of nuke7.7 patched. I had this problem prior to that install though, and it is still there after installing the patched version.

Thanks in advance.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quote

Delete all cookies and flush your cache. Then, make sure you are also logged in as a valid user.

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote

I wish it was that simple. I've tried that a few times. I've also tried multiple browsers, (IE6 and Mozilla) but the problem persists.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote

I am not sure if the following pertains to your situation or not but thought it might help narrow down the root of your problem.

I experienced this problem twice before, the ISP's I was using apparently acted as a proxy server and instead of serving up current content served up cached content. It was extemely frustrating. Another issue I have seen yet not as frequently is some ISP's change your IP address frequently (while you are surfing) and that cause me some minor issues as well.

Beyond that my only other thought would be that your browser is set in such a manner that it is serving you locally cached pages, but you said it did it in all the browsers you tested it with so that mostly debunks that theory.

My reccomendation would be to try accessing your site from a friends computer that uses a different ISP than you use to see if the problem persists.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote

My other admin who lives in Illinois (I am out of Milwaukee) has experienced the same troubles. I am looking into the ISP issues right now, thank you so much for the quick reply!

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Well, I've hit a brick wall once again. I can't seem to find anything about my ISP's settings and such. I have free internet through the bar I work at and live next to, and honestly I haven't had this trouble before the server I was on broke and my buddy got a new top of the line server. However, he doesn't have this problem with other sites hosted on the server. Do you think a fresh install will just fix this problem???? I'm getting so frustrated by it that I am ready to just give up for good.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Don't give up! Smile Since you did a somewhat fresh install, I would say go ahead and start over or do a second install in a subdomain and see if it works properly in that install.

Just out of curiosity, did you install CNBYA?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote

I joined your site and see exactly what you mean. If you are using CNBYA reset the cookie configuration, try turning off the beta cookie check function and disable the cookie cleaner. You might also check the other cookie settings there as well

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure what CNBYA is, all I have installed since the new install is 6 galleries or so, IP tracking, and Sommaire Menu. Should I maybe try installing it and see if that can fix things?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote

It might. I just don't know for certain. CNBYA has some really great features though so it would be worth checking out. Be sure to follow the directions and make back ups of the files it replaces in case you decide that yo don't like it. Personally, I love it. Smile

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote

You know, I really appreciate all the help you have given me. I get more help on Raven's site than Nukecops by far. I will definitely download and install CNBYA, but I probably won't get to it yet tonight because I have dinner plans in about an hour. Thanks again, and I will keep you posted as to if it is working or not.

Pete

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Fantastic, do keep us posted on how it goes and thanks for the compliments. Raven does run an awesome site, doesn't he? Smile

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote

CNBYA didn't fix things. Neither did a fresh install of Nuke 7.6 (I guess you can move this thread to that topic too). The same problem is still present with the clicking on modules and such. I truly have run out of ideas on how to fix this, I thought a fresh install would be my last resort to a bug-free site. I'm guessing it is a problem with my server, but my server admin has no clue about this problem. Now what? Any ideas CurtisH or Raven?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Are you (or your host) using a redirection service of anykind for your site?

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote

I know I'm not using a redirection service, I don't know about my host though.

I used to be on a different server with this host, and the server had a hardware problem, so he upgraded to one of the better servers they have. He changed some stuff on there so I wouldn't have to change the nameservers with the site that I purchased my domain name with.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote

I guess I would contact him and find out exactly what he did that may be causing a problem wish session or first party cookies.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote

I checked some http response headers from your site and as soon as I saw Apache 2, I knew, you're in trouble Laughing. Apache 2 is not ready for prime time in many peoples opinion. That said, do a search on goolge for "apache 2. cookie problems" and start reading. There are several with the same type problem as you describe. Btw, have you tried it in other browsers? Also, you need to update your php version ASAP - ASAP!!

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quote

Yes, I tried it with Mozilla Firefox, which just may become my default browser too because I like it. Thanks for the response Raven, as soon as my server administrator is back in town, we're going to fix all of this once and for all hopefully Smile

Perhaps downgrading to the previous version of Apache is a solution? Or should I take a more technical stand and "fix" the problem

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quote

I have seen a downgrade work 6 out of 6 times Smile

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:11 am Reply with quote

Any preferred previous version that you highly recommend my friend?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote

I recommend 1.3.33 if you are using a unix based system

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote

Always the latest in the 1.3 branch.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7

View next topic
View previous topic