Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
GRebel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote

Can someone please explain in detail which settings to set-up for Nuke Sentinel in order to have a nice secure site? I know the basic ones to set-up but the ones that ask for more information than just the ones that are common sense to either enable or disable. Those are the ones I'm wondering about because they require input of some sort that I'm not sure of what to place there. I just want to secure Sentinel and php-Nuke as good as possible.

Also do you think 2 different passwords are a must for php-Nuke and Sentinel when logging into admin.php?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

GRebel

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Yes on the passwords! As to the settings, which ones in particular are you concerned that you may not have secured? Have you also read and/or downloaded the latest NukeSentinel(TM) Manual?

Online Manual
Download Latest NukeSentinel(TM) Manual

GRebel

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:32 am Reply with quote

Hi Again Raven,

Thanks for your continued help. Ok I'll try it out with two separate passwords. I'll modify my GOD Admins pass. The Auth screen that comes up is the password for Sentinel and then the normal admin login after that is the GOD Admin's pass, correct? I think I have this. As far as Nuke Sentinel I was just making the settings out to be more difficult than they really are. Really there are only two where you need to input information if you want and those two are the: String Blocker one and the Request Method Blocker. Can I ask what types of settings you have in those two options in order to stay secure in those areas?

Thanks again... Raven also, see my older post about Admin Auth List where I talk about e-mail. I think I found something and you could probably help me figure that out as well. I found something in my mail log which I'll explain in that post.

Take Care,

GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote

In request method I just use Trace and Delete. In the other, you would use any string that gets passed in URLs that you want blocked.

winn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote

I downloaded the manual. BUt i can't open it . what type of file is it? man page?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:30 am Reply with quote

It's a nuke Module. Just add it to nuke like any other module and then activate it.

GRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
In request method I just use Trace and Delete. In the other, you would use any string that gets passed in URLs that you want blocked.

Hi again Raven,

So in order to set Trace and Delete in request method, what would I actually input in the field that needs input?

Would I input: Trace and Delete <--- Word for word or would I just input: Trace Delete <--- Like that. Or is there more to this than just entering the two words Trace and Delete, also is it case-sensitive in any way that maybe it has to be entered Capitalized or Some Caps some not?

Thanks Again Raven. Just to let you know I will be donating when I'm able because I really have appreciated your help.

--- GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote

TRACE
DELETE

It's not case sensitive but I use caps.

GRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

Thanks for clearing up all my questions. You and your site are very helpful and I appreciate that. There is a really quick turn around on questions which makes this site I think quite unique. I haven't found in my experience of forums this is the case for alot of forums. That's why when you find a site as yours that has people like yourself willing to put forth a good effort to make the forums really work it's really quite awesome. Well Done Raven!

--- GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote

On behalf of all who work hard at keeping that reputation, we thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic